Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Go pro deals?
  • jkomo

After a 7 black.
    Anyone seen anything better than £290 including the three way mount.

breadcrumb

When I enquired on the Go Pro chat function whether my old compact would be ok to trade in (£100 off an 8, £50 off a 7), the operative gave me a discount code which took the 8 down to £285.

I might still trade my compact in and punt an 8 on.

jkomo

Oh yeah I forgot about that deal.

breadcrumb

The 8 is down to £320, so potentially £220 with a trade in.

jkomo

I think the trade in is on a specific price point, so can’t combine.
    Would be happy to be wrong though!

windyg
    Free Member

The trade in is only on the higher priced ones not the discounted offer, same for the student discount, i did try to get them to apply it to the offers but no shift on it.

mehr
    Free Member

They’re still priced high, probably to get people to jump to the 8 instead

There’s a decent looking package on pinkbike (not my ad) for £250 and I’ve seen them as low as £200 on there

rone

Might be putting my 7 on eBay shortly.

Got an 8 now on the trade in. (279)

bear-uk
    Free Member

I got the 8 by trading in a camera. Cost about £270. I had to spend £8 buying a dead camera off Ebay and posting it off for the discount.
    Atm I wish I never botherd as I now need a new PC to edit the vids. Batteries are £20 each but just purchased a power pack. 2 memory cards, assorded mounts, 3 million hours trying to make it all work. And my first upload to Youtube took about 20 hours on my old pc and now its spent a day processing.
    Currently using an old HHD to transfer files off the memory card as only 1 turned up.
    Can’t beleive how a small thing can cost so many hours of grieve.
    I was so looking forward to being able to Ski,Swim,Climb,Fly and everthing else I couldnt do before but can now I have a Gopro.

revs1972
    Free Member

I was so looking forward to being able to Ski,Swim,Climb,Fly and everthing else I couldnt do before but can now I have a Gopro.

Should have saved yourself £268 and just bought yourself a box of tampax instead 😃

rone

Currently using an old HHD to transfer files off the memory card as only 1 turned up.

Just plug the camera into the pc.

It shouldn’t take long to upload to YouTube. Get your compression correct and try some shorter films.

Learn the value of editing.

No issues with my GoPro stuff.

breadcrumb

Admittedly buying the GoPro 8 nudged me into getting a better phone sooner rather than later but I’ve not been tempted to try the aging laptop.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Go pro deals?’ is closed to new replies.