• This topic has 36 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Pyro.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • GO OUTSIDE AND YOU'LL DIE!1oNEe!
  • Northwind

It is 100% slippery death outside! It’s like The Day After Tomorrow. What has GW done to deserve this?

scotroutes

We actually did sack off tonights ride. It’s only -2c so not cold, but all the compressed snow had sleety rain on it today and the whole area is a skating rink.

Caher

Been like that here for a few days which with my dodgy knee made me wary. Heavy rain is now sweeping it all away.

bigjim

yeah it was carnage in corstorphine earlier, proper comedy style people falling over and scrabbling to get up again. Busy night in A&E I reckon!

Cougar

GW?

We banned Graeme years ago.

iainc

Ditto here, bailed out the mince pie ride. Roads are like a skating rink and trails unlikely to be much better…

Northwind

This all seems mathematically impossible, I finally fitted my wintercontacts tonight, it should be a heatwave

tomhoward

We banned Graeme years ago.

Is he not gwurking on a return?

lister

There is a risk of depression or drowning in Pembrokeshite at the moment. No ice. No snow. No sun. It’s particularly horrible.

legend
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    It is 100% slippery death outside! It’s like The Day After Tomorrow. What[b]Who[/b] has GW done to deserve this?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

But, but, OP has bike with wintery origins! 😯

Cougar

Is he not gwurking on a return?

He has done many times. If he’s back now then he’s thus far evaded detection. Though his posting style generally outs himself quite quickly.

Of course, as with any returning banned, we encourage you to out them. (-:

batfink
    Free Member

37 degrees here today…. hotter than a dingo’s danglies.

Am back to the UK for Christmas – it’s going to be a bit of a shock to the system!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Driving up the m6 this evening I hit a blizzard between Telford and sandbach. I was feeling nervous with winter tyres on, then realised most of those around me were likely on summers and then I WAS nervous.

mattyfez

People should wear helmets.

seosamh77
    Free Member

aye not that cold, but been raining, felt it icing up as i was walking home earlier, I actually just walked up the side of the road as opposed to the pavement. Why doesn’t road ice up as much as pavements? Is it just volume of traffic or are they made from different stuff?

fairly mild today/tonight compared to what it has been aswell.

Northwind

A dude just crashed his tiny gritter into a hedge, trying to get up the road 😆

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Went out for a run last night.

Out of the house fine, on to the road and nearly went for an absolute six. Managed about 1 mile and gave up.

arrpee
    Free Member

First leg of my morning commute was hi-larious. Driving rain and sleet falling on freezing ground. Pavements and roads both utterly lethal. Saw a guy trying to stand still on a slope, but he just slid down it whilst doing a slow-motion splits.

I find that the best approach is just utter arrogance. You have to stay loose and walk as if there’s literally no possibility you could fall.

13thfloormonk

Rode out a particularly good two wheel slide on the commute last night, one foot out flapping like hell on the tarmac and a possible groin strain as a result, but I rode it out! 8)

Bike left in garage this morning…

prawny

It was almost all gone by me last night on my way home from work, then it bollocked another few inches down from about 7:30. Absolutely lethal this morning, no way I was taking the bike today.

It’s even kept the postie out of our street this week, they didn’t bother to even attempt to deliver my new brakes yesterday.

dudeofdoom

But, but, OP has bike with wintery origins!

Mines sat in cupboard(awaiting its day) 🙁

Wet an windy in Brizzle Town.

grenosteve
    Free Member

It snowed, settled and then melted in the rain overnight in Sheffield, leaving a thick layer of slush.

It wasn’t icy or slippery though… until I hit a corner while daydreaming about work and went down! Sliding a few metres through ice cold slush wasn’t fun, I’ve never been so wet and cold on the bike. 🙁 Not hurt though, so that’s ok.

whitestone
    Free Member

Patchy sheets of ice round us including just outside the back door. Fortunately the lane was clear otherwise I’d be still at home.

Doesn’t stop idiot drivers sitting a car length from your rear bumper though 👿

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Clear here in Oxfordshire and I’m back riding in shorts.

grumpysculler
    Free Member

I went outside.

I died.

I got better.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

This calls for an 11-day early memorial of George’s sad passing away last Christmas Day…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwZAYdHcDtU[/video]

😛

mc
    Free Member

So this is what happens when GW gets banned from facebook?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

A wheelbarrow makes a good set of stabilisers. It’s now sleeting to make it even slippier.

Northwind

n0b0dy0ftheg0at – Member

But, but, OP has bike with wintery origins!

It’s not totally helpful when trying to put the bins out though

johndoh
    Free Member

Bonkers on the school run this morning – pavements covered in black ice and people tottering around all over the place. The dog was dragging us along with legs moving at about x4 the speed they should have been going for the progress she was making 🙂

IdleJon

This all seems mathematically impossible, I finally fitted my wintercontacts tonight, it should be a heatwave

Why has nobody told me that I could get contact lenses for the bad weather…,

fooman

Buy Yaktrax or similar. I find the Due North Traction Aids with tungsten spikes the best for black ice, strolling past folk on their hands and knees. Careful when visiting shops with tiled floors though!

molgrips
    Free Member

My colleague in Birmingham is complaining she still can’t get her car out. Well, you should’ve shovelled snow when it was fresh then shouldn’t you? Instead of sitting there watching a problem happen.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/jamtland/skridskoakning-langs-vagarna-i-are

last year near me where people where ice skating on the roads to get around.

It’s fairly normal here around November time. difference is we don’t try and travel and think we know best. Sometimes nature wins!

Pyro

No death, but various injuries in our office this morning. What little snow there was has gone, but wet pavements and an overnight freeze meant they were horrific this morning. I ended up on my ‘arris, as did a few others. One women suck a hand out to save her fall and broke her wrist

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘GO OUTSIDE AND YOU'LL DIE!1oNEe!’ is closed to new replies.