Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Go on Boris; ban them!
  • RoterStern
    Free Member

I once asked a rickshaw driver in Soho ‘How much to Bounds Green?’ ‘##@% off!’ was his reply.

breadcrumb

I managed to blag one of the Edinburgh one’s to let me ride it-should of billed him!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nwill1
    Free Member

Got to say I don’t think the officers handled that very well, one would assume that transporting people on the road would at least require a level of insurance, surely it would not be unreasonable to request a copy of such insurance document, the rider/driver is clearly a scam artist, probably calming all sort of benefits and avoiding tax whilst he’s at it!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Whilst I’m all for entrepreneurship, these things are a law unto themselves. I really dislike their attitude to both road use and ripping off tourists.
    To say tourists are “fair game” and ripe for being ripped of, these guys should be managed like taxis at the very least. Proper charge structures, legal road checks and at the very least carriage insurance.

Grrrr…

It’s not Boris that needs to ban them, it too it the police.

konabunny
    Free Member

probably calming all sort of benefits and avoiding tax whilst he’s at it!!

yeah, and he’s probably a disabled lesbian asylum seeker whose Scottish cat is getting EU subsidies under the Human Rights Act for her cancer treatment – AND YOU’RE PAYING FOR IT!

#dailymailoverload

spooky_b329

Kimbers – sounds like a sensible financial decision;

The spokesman explained that TfL’s chosen strategy of upgrading Euro III buses freed up resources to remove higher emission vehicles from the capital sooner in order to bring about a “more rapid change in air quality”.

The spokesman for the Mayor said: “Given that upgrading the remaining Euro V buses to Euro VI would cost up to £15m yet only reduce NOx emissions in the zone by one percent, TfL has decided the most effective way of improving air quality across the whole of London would be to use those funds on schemes like replacing the far more polluting Euro III buses that operate outside the zone.”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Go on Boris; ban them!’ is closed to new replies.