Gnarr in N Wales

Home Forum Bike Forum Gnarr in N Wales

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Gnarr in N Wales
  • dirk_pumpa

Yeah i never got round to getting over there.. Last i heard was they were struggling with red tape when trying to organise race dates? Shame.. Looks like an interesting course.

iolo

Simply downhill no longer looks after the track or do anything with uplifts.
    The bottom of the track comes out in the car park so don’t ride there.
    It is on private land so you’re best off keeping away.

plecostomus

Lots of as you call it gnarrr hidden away in north Wales, you should give the guys at http://www.northwalestrails.co.uk a shout. Nant gwytheryn is currently closed, foel gas nach is good, loads of trails hidden away too.

saxabar

@fullofit, plenty to be found in N. Wales but we don’t do as well for bridleways as other parts of the UK so trails tend not to be broadcast. I’m assuming you’re looking for techy rather than pure DH? All the main areas have good stuff that can be found by following yer nose (Betws and Llanberis for example). Other off-grid stuff to be found off the A5. Lots and lots of other stuff too. Google Earth is a wonderful thing!

iolo

I was wrong about simply downhill at nant gwytheyrn. There will be a race there march.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

nickc, I am not well educated please explain why Oldham poostcodes are relevant or am I missing something ?

Surely anyone who has been up Snowdon would have had an OS map at somepoint….?

samjgeorge86

Sorry, but this had me howling….

I am not well educated please explain why Oldham poostcodes are relevant or am I missing something ?

I have nothing constructive to add further than that, Sorry.

fullofit

Cheers saxabar youre getting my drift man ,I sometimes accidentally end up straying off the bridleways myself ,suppose its a local knowledge thing ,cheers anyway matey.

fullofit

matt etc etc I was following someone who had a map durrrr, rangers path hardly qualifies as gnarr in my opinion

twoniner

What sort of stuff are you looking for? natural big mountain rides? Downhill?

There are some good big mountain rides up above the North Wales coast, a few good rides on the Roman road GD SH6972 from there you can head up to Drum GD SH7069 and if you look in that area there are a nice few rides around the Carneddau and Dulyn resivoir at GD SH7066.

They are some pretty ‘out there’ rides and best done when the weathers good, it can get snotty up there and it’s not a nice place when the rain and cloud comes in.

fullofit

Natural big mountain rides please two niner ,Epic type ride including gnarrlage

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

Natural big mountain rides please two niner ,Epic type ride including gnarrlage

May I suggest that a more fruitful approach than swaggering on here and upsetting a few, that you spend you time getting a couple of OS maps (or go on http://www.Streetmap.co.uk or http://www.geograph.org.uk ) and learn that:

+

=

Premier Icon BoomBip
    Subscriber

the shredding community

You mean there’s more like you?

<runs away>

patriotpro

Angry trolls, grrrrrr

curlie467

rangers path hardly qualifies as gnarl

Yet on the last page you state it is what you are looking for!

Revolution bike park is a LOT of fun

patriotpro

Yet on the last page you state it is what you are looking for!

You’re not wrong. 😯

Rangers path is the sort of stuff Im looking for though

fullofit

Thanks all for your suggestions chaps ,much appreciated.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Gnarr in N Wales’ is closed to new replies.