Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • GMBN tech , all Danny Hart’s WC DH bikes, except ..
  • endomick
    Free Member

One serious omission from the history books there, did Saracen take their bikes back or is the bad blood so bad Danny destroyed them.
    Even more surprising, apparently he is 5’10”

endomick
    Free Member

What is wrong with this forum, having to bump your own post to make it appear and the forum sometimes doesnt have a next page, wtf.

tomhoward

Can’t be that bad, the bike park at Hamsterley is all marked out with Saracen branded tape.

matt_outandabout

No idea, but eldest_oab had a compliment from Mr_Hart out on the trails last week about his speed, I think it made his year…

daveylad
    Free Member

He ran marzocchi suspension for a good few years also before moving to fox(and getting better results). That was all missed out also.
    What the hell was Jones doing listing the wheelbase in inches?

reluctantjumper

There’s almost always a missing gap in every feature like this that’s done with the rider, presumably due to contractual issues or historical problems. Maybe Saracen didn’t let him keep a bike?

As for Jones and inches? He just does crap like that because he can. He thinks it’s funny and edgy, he did it a lot in the Dirt days, but it just makes him come across as an idiot. I find it very hard to watch anything he’s in as he just can’t help doing something odd or saying something strange almost all the time.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Plenty of us around Jones’s age still work in imperial.

We were kids when decimalisation happened. All the adults around me still worked in feet and inches and lbs and ozs.

Despite being schooled in decimal, I’m some kind of weird hybrid of both

richmtb

One serious omission is a link to the video

FTFY

SirHC

As for Jones and inches? He just does crap like that because he can. He thinks it’s funny and edgy, he did it a lot in the Dirt days, but it just makes him come across as an idiot. I find it very hard to watch anything he’s in as he just can’t help doing something odd or saying something strange almost all the time.

Wheel size is in inches, see no reason why the wheelbase cant be, its useful as a comparison.

Prefer Jones to that cretin Doddy, his recent video about geometry was just terrible click baity shite.

tomhoward

Maybe Saracen didn’t let him keep a bike?

It obviously not being the same as the production model probably the reason (the floating brake arm)

nickc

Despite being schooled in decimal, I’m some kind of weird hybrid of both

Same here, I wouldn’t have noticed unless some-one had pointed it out to me. It was a good video. I think that’s the most I’ve ever heard Danny speak, normally he’s pretty taciturn. Obvious omission was obvious. Perhaps it’s just too sore and too soon?

timbog160

UR BIK IS NOT SARAZIN 😀

DickBarton

As I don’t follow racing I’ve no idea what the too sore and too soon reference is, but what happened?

nickc

Danny was riding with Saracen. it looked like by midway through their contract time, Danny was retreating further and further away from the team set-up. travelling to races by himself, and camping in a van (by himself) and having his own pit away from the team set-up. Eventually there was something of a controversial statement from Saracen which seemed to relegate Danny’s time with them to a bit of a footnote, into which mix Danny’s father heaved his sized 11’s and calmed everything down* by claiming that “The truth will come out, Danny’s better off outside that toxic environment”

*Not really.

the bottom half comments on that Pinkbike link give a little insight.

DickBarton

Cheers…

ayjaydoubleyou

Plenty of us around Jones’s age still work in imperial.

We were kids when decimalisation happened. All the adults around me still worked in feet and inches and lbs and ozs.

Despite being schooled in decimal, I’m some kind of weird hybrid of bot

bikes are a very odd mix of units, but there is some convention of what gets used for what. We no longer size bikes by seat tube length (thank the gods of bike handling) but you could buy a 100mm travel 29er with a 17″ seat tube and 450mm reach, but could those 430mm chainstays take a 2.4″ tyre?

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe Jones knows that they have more viewers in the US than anywhere else?

Bit surprised to see such vitriol for him and Doddy, they both come across like perfectly nice blokes to me and I like how Jones does his own thing.

But then there are a couple of MTB “personalities” I find intensely irritating, so perhaps I shouldn’t be shocked.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘GMBN tech , all Danny Hart’s WC DH bikes, except ..’ is closed to new replies.