Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Glueless Patches?
  • toomba
    Free Member

Puncture on kids bike tyre and no patches in my tool box. Little look on Amazon showed some glueless patches.
    Any good? Yay or nay

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Used park tools ones for years til I went tubeless, worked fine.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Lezyne ones are pretty good. I put 5 on one tube at once & none failed.

butcher

I’ve struggled with them. Bought some unbranded ones years ago and they worked great. Have since tried different ones, mostly Park and had around 50% success rate. I think preparing the tube becomes more important, make sure its clean and you’ll have a decent chance of success, but they’re not as foolproof as a traditional patch and won’t provide a permenant fix like they do. They are very useful when you don’t want to sit around for 30 minutes waiting for glue to dry though.

zerocool

Park, Lezyne and Topeak seem to work well. Not tried other brands.

drnosh
    Free Member

Park work for me.

Seem to be permanent. Never actually had to remove one to replace with a tip top vulcanised patch.

damascus
    Free Member

Park ones are fine, just make sure you keep them in a sealed packet and don’t let them get wet. Also make sure the tube is bone dry.

The only time they failed on me was when I didn’t sand down the raised rubber line on the centre of the tube well enough and it lifted.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Good when they’re new. But if they’ve sat in your camelback/frame bag for a while, not so effective in my experience…

duncancallum

Used to use leaches back in the day and have lenznes and muck off ones in my kit.

easily
    Free Member

Tried a few most work ok but as above need tube prep.

The best I’ve found is Skabs. I mended a puncture a month ago using one of these, and I’m still riding it now.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah I used to use Leeches too. They were great.

The last Lezyne ones I used were not as sticky as I’d have liked them to be.

Which reminds me… I need to get some tubeless gunk and some valves. And a new track pump.

kayak23

How old is aforementioned kid?
    Learning to fix a puncture is a valuable rite of passage. 😊👍

Onzadog
    Free Member

I found they worked better on a camelbak bladder than on inner tubes. Got to be best part of 15 years that’s been on there.

clubby

Not had great success. Tended to have been in camelback for years before actually being needed though and had lost their stickiness.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I have used the Park Tool ones for years and they are fine.

I buy from my LBS though, not Besos.

rickonwheels
    Free Member

I found the park tool ones work well if you properly prepare the area with sandpaper first and apply pressure afterwards. I had to peel one off earlier today which was over a seam and not quite sealed, and wow it put up a fight. It had only been on there about 24 hours – that glue works better than I thought!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Glueless Patches?’ is closed to new replies.