Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Glue skin suture – waterproof?
  • Pieface

I cut my chin and they glued it back together at A & E and said I should keep it dry for 5 days. Ambitious! Will it actually be ok to exercise, and have a shower, but not scrub away at the scab / congeelment?

shermer75
    Free Member

Keep it dry means keep it dry, or risk infection. So do the best you can, including keeping your face out of the shower

CountZero

Am I the only one reading this and looking at the OP’s username and sniggering to myself?

OK, just me then. Sorry.

Just to add, it’s probably easier to keep your chin dry for five days than keeping your hands dry after sticking a cut together with superglue. Which I do fairly frequently.

oldnick

Put a waterproof plaster over it for showering?

I have to admit I’ve never worried about keeping repairs dry after I’ve glued myself together again, maybe splash alcohol hand sanitizer on like aftershave? Please report back how that goes!

grahamt1980

maybe splash alcohol hand sanitizer on like aftershave? Please report back how that goes!

Ya bast***. That’s going to sting

Pieface

I have about 15mm beard growth at the moment, so its difficult to see how big the cut is as there’s a blob of coagulated glue / beard / blood. Its quite thick so I’m guessing that sweating will be ok, just need to avoid unecessary wetting.

oldnick

Bearded cut eh? In that case simply apply some resin to the beard to create a fibreglass helmet and umbrella in one.

Or Sudocreme.

Again, please report back.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.