Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gloworm X2 – remote switch problems
  • st66

My Gloworm X2 light, that I’ve had for about 18mths, has developed a fault with the remote switch, so that now the unit doesn’t turn on. The battery is fine – it works with another light, and the unit was coming on if I “jiggled” the connecting wire, but now is totally unresponsive.

It’s a great light, so would prefer to get it repaired if possible (I think it’s probably out of warranty). Any suggestions about where I could get it fixed? I have emailed CRGmoto (where I purchased it) but no reply yet, and not sure if they offer repair service.

I suppose if it’s not fixable I could get another cheap solarstorm X2.

GrahamS

Danny from CRGMoto (neninja on here) has the most responsive customer service I’ve had the pleasure to deal with so I’d wait to see what he says.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hang on for a email reply from crg moto hes very good indeed!

i had exactly the same problem on mine, it was the wire going into the button it seemed to work loose and expose the red/green wires, mine was still in warranty and was replaced

cannot fault him on the turnaround front, i had a new one with a few days max

great service im sure he will sort you out one way or another, hang on for a reply

lemonysam
    Free Member

What Graham said, Danny was great a solving a problem I had with mine.

z1ppy

I’d be surprised if he’s ignoring you on purpose (mail gone to spam folder?).. a thread on here should attract his attention. He has a FB page, so I just sent a link to it…

neninja
    Free Member

Hi st66

Sorry I haven’t seen your email. Could have missed it as I’ve been exhibiting at the London Bike show so away since last Wednesday morning and only got back at just before midnight last night. I have been checking mail whilst there but during a busy show it might have slipped through.

You have a 2 year repair or replace warranty on the Gloworm so there is certainly no need to buy another light. Could you fire an email to danny at crgmoto dot co dot uk and I’ll get it sorted for you?

st66

Good to hear that CRGmoto have positive customer relations – I’ll try contacting them again to see if they can sort me out.

EDIT – just seen post from Danny above – thanks I’ll send another email

neninja
    Free Member

st66 – look at the post above yours.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Danny is a top fella.

GrahamS

st66

Thanks to Danny(neninja)at CRGmoto for sending me a replacement light. Excellent service indeed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gloworm X2 – remote switch problems’ is closed to new replies.