Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Gloworm g2.0 sync issues
  • beefy

Hello, I have a gloworm xsv and x2 light which I use with the tx remote.

I paid them both to the same remote and set the remote to work in two button mode.

This works fantastically- most of the time.

Every now and then they go out of sync, so the buttons don’t do what you would expect. Sometimes one of the lights only responds to one button rather than both.

Both lights are set to three light levels.

Anyone used them and had any similar issues? Is there a way to easily resync them without pulling the power cable?

bornonaboat

Have you used the app to make sure the firmware on the lights is up to date.

You could try changing from 2 button mode to single button mode on the remote and then back again.

In theory that should move the lights to a single button control and then going back to 2 buttons should resync.

pembo6
    Free Member

I’ve got the same setup. XSV on bars, X2 on helmet.
    I originally had a sync issue and they would get out of sync several times per ride (VERY annoying!). To get them back I would have to press the button on the light (not the remote) to get them back into sync. This was when usoing the sync mode where the buttons cycle through the brightness modes (e.g. dim, medium, bright, then back to dim, medium, bright etc etc. Same as how the button on the light unit works).

I fixed this by changing the sync mode on the remote. I now use the mode where the up button makes them both brighter and the down button makes them dimmer (rather than the endless cycle that get out of sync). That way, if they ever get out of sync, I just press the up button several times and they both go back to full brightness and are in sync again.

I hope that makes sense…

Having said this, since changing the sync mode, they have never gone out of sync (not that I’ve noticed).

pembo6
    Free Member

Oh, also, a new battery did help !

beefy

Thanks for the replies.

Used them last night and they didn’t go out of sync once!

Anyway, didn’t even think about just using the button on the light to get them back in sync!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Gloworm g2.0 sync issues’ is closed to new replies.