Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Gloucester Mountain Bike Shop/Group
  • SandCrab

Afternoon All,

I’ve just moved to Gloucester (Quedgeley) from the mountain bike hotspot of Lincoln, does anyone have recommendations for a good local bike shop?

Im also interested in any groups that ride locally so I can learn some routes.

Ta!

Chris

letmetalktomark

Oooof Quedgeley Sorry to hear that 😉

Shops wise there are a few but my first choice would probably be Slam69. Graham is a veteran in the bike game.

Noahs Ark is another one.

Bigger boys are over in cheltenham like Leisure Lakes etc.

heavy_rat
    Free Member

BigFoot MBC are apparently a very friendly club, I’m not a member but have heard only good things about them

monkeyboyjc

+1 for Slam69 – great shop and Graham knows his stuff. Shop is a little hard to find in the industrial estate in Brockworth, but once you know where it is its sorted.

I’ll be going for a ride around Cranham on Saturday if you want to meet up? You’d have to drive up to mine though as I’m at the top of the hill (pm me if interested).

IHN

I was also going to say “Slam69” and “BigfootMBC”

tdog
    Free Member

I was also going to say what on god’s green earth did you do to deserve living there.

Not that it’s as vile/fake as cheltnam

CheesybeanZ

Theres plenty of Fod locals/regular riders on here and its only down the road from you .

russyh
    Free Member

Tdog, as a cheltenham native I’m offended!

OP I ride weekends in FOD and during the week in the evenings and we have a Facebook group for riders, happy for you or anyone to join us.  Not really a club just a group of 30’s and 40 something’s who enjoy MTb riding. Drop me a message if you want more details

russ

mattsccm
    Free Member

Striking Bikes is up the Bristol road from you, just before the Quays shopping abomination. Owner Paul will talk you to death andis very knowledgeable but he is really into road and CX in a big way. Worth a visit when you are passing but not a MTB hangout.

SandCrab

Cheers all, I’ll give Slam 69 a bell. For those who have offered rides, I’ll check with the wife and come back to you!

Chris

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Cheltenham county do a off-road ride ever Saturday,Bigfoot club is not what it use to be as around this area MTBing is quite quiet,Forest of Dean is great but you need a guide Lecky/Cleeve are good Cranham is well past its sell by date for lots of reasons but still a nice area and yes there are plenty of people in Cheltenham up there own —– which are normally the ones that have only lived there for 5mins Hey Ho shop wise Cheltenham cycles/Leisure lakes/Evans etc.

tdog
    Free Member

Ahhhhh but Russyh, Tewkesbury is more of a haven than Ch.av dive.

chelt seems to attract scummy flies to sh”t

oh yes and lots of bike thieves there.

sgn23
    Free Member

we have a Facebook group for riders, happy for you or anyone to join us.  Not really a club just a group of 30’s and 40 something’s who enjoy MTb riding.

Russyh what’s the FB group name? I’m looking for some new riding buddies in Cheltenham.

russyh
    Free Member

You won’t find it mate it’s a secret group drop me a PM will hook you up.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Gloucester Mountain Bike Shop/Group’ is closed to new replies.