Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Glossop – good for a weekend?
  • karnali
    Free Member

Mix of road biking walking nice meal and possibly a trip to Manchester??

tomd
    Free Member

I’m an occasional visitor – got family there. It’s nice enough but not somewhere I’d visit if I didn’t have to.

MoreCashThanDash

It’s one end of Snake Pass, plenty of off road routes nearby, train into Manchester.

I like the place, reckon i could live there quite happily and a couple of forumites do, just not sure I’d go and stay there.

mt
    Free Member

Don’t do it.

binners

I know this gets posted up in reference to a lot of places, but seriously in this case….

😯

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I think there are nicer places to base yourself than Glossop if you’re looking for road riding, walking and easy access to Manchester. Although it has many strengths – and location is one of them – it’s not a quaint or pretty tourist town.

One thing I will point out is that Glossop is surrounded by some pretty big hills that aren’t all traversed by roads. You can get a great road ride in with some big climbs and stunning views, but much of it is likely to be on A roads.

There’s potential to have a great weekend if what if offers fits what you’re after, but your requirements are a bit vague to give you the full seal of approval.

in answer to your OP, possibly 🙂

jekkyl

Avoid glossop if at all possible.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Glossop – good for a weekend?’ is closed to new replies.