Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Global Warming… are the government trying to promote the fact its happening..?
  • millzy
    Free Member

…..to raise some dosh?!

discuss!

millzy
    Free Member

or maybe its not happening?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its a conspiracy by the lizards to swindle hard pressed families out of their own hard earned money by the application of stealth taxes. On the way the hard pressed motorist is being taxed out of his car as well.

epicyclo

It’s actually Global War Minge.

When you look at it like that it all becomes clear. 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

Politics is the science of getting fools to believe in bollocks and swindle them out of resources.

Anything goes and the more you bullshit, the better job you get after you finish, in the business sector :mrgreen:

GrahamS

or maybe its not happening?

It is pretty widely accepted that climate change is happening.

The debate is generally over whether the observed changes have anything to do with us pumping out 100 times more CO2 than all the world’s volcanoes or is a perfectly natural cycle.

Either way there will be social, environmental and economic impacts on us all.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

The planet has a perfectly natural cycle, that’s fairly well observed (ice age every 100k years etc.). Whether or not we are completely throwing it out of whack is the question. I think that the answer seems to be tending towards ‘Yes’ right about now.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I don’t doubt it, nor do I doubt that huge amounts of levies are going to be raised as a result.

What I do doubt is the government’s commitment to actually doing anything to reduce carbon emissions other than the “tax the screaming bejeesus out of it until it goes away” approach.

We need more investment for public transport, tidal power and ultimately nuclear fusion IMHO. The government seems worryingly content to let people simply pay through the nose for mobility without investing in a low cost, low carbon alternative.

crankboy
    Free Member

Not again we did this at length last year!!!!!!

yes it’s happening

no it’s not a con

Oil is running out

Food production rates vs population growth is a big problem too

Oh and the bankers have moved from sub prime loans to food speculation causing starvation even when there are adequate food supplies.

epicyclo

Bearing in mind that the rest of the world doesn’t really give a rat’s situpon for us, surely we are on the plus side of climate change?

Our climate will become more mediterranean, so our energy consumption can drop. Win win.

The inconvenient flooding of some southern parts of the country is a sacrifice we northerners will reluctantly accept as the price of a pleasanter climate.

crankboy
    Free Member

And nobody will do anything about it cos they may have to drive a smaller car and go to Skegness for their holidays.

And politicians won’t act cos the popular vote means more to them in their to sustain short term power than doing the right thing.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Food production rates vs population growth is a big problem too

Careful, they’ll tax the screaming bejeesus out of that too, before allowing condom manufacturers to hike their prices by 30% over three years if my experiences of commuting to London are anything to go by.

kaesae
    Free Member

The real problem is poor resource management, in all sectors. Massive waste means that any resources we have only have a reduced impact on the environments they are incorporated into.

The resources and potential of them is present, however an inability to manage resources combined with beligerently short sighted arrogance. Means that a great deal more is wasted than is used ❓ creating the illusion that we have wealth / resources. when what you actually have is a resource vacuum effect.

If the resources exist, but we do not have access to them, do they truly exist ❓

Too much time is being spent on lies and deceipt, we have created a system that only functions when there is confidence in it, however the system is unstable and no one has confidence in it ❓

I will now try to put into perspective my opinion of our government’s ability to manage any resource, system or process, that they by the very nature of their jobs, should be able to manage.

If you had a group of individuals and those individuals had to spend a 24 hour period consuming copious amounts of cider and eating only Toast, cheese and beans to compensate for the copious amounts of cider.

Our government as the individuals finding themselves in such circumstances.

Couldn’t manage a fart!

Junkyard
    Free Member

if i was in governemnt and I wanted to raise dosh i would just increase taxes.It seems so much easier than organising a global conspiracy and overpowering the car and petro chemical indistry who are abit powerful and have some serious money to counter you.
    As GrahamS notes it is warming you can either believe that something natural is occuring – despite the fact we can account for this effect and choose to ignore the vast increase in C02 – a known greenhouse gas- to record levels as we burn stored carbon. Apparently the internal combustion engine is all part of nautres cycle or you say it is omething else you dont really understand – methane , water vapoor , plankton, Milankovitch cylce – after all the expert scientist may have just missed this commonly understood and Wikipediable fact.
    Thankfully you need give no explanation of observed events beyond saying it is natural and saying it has been hotter and colder before. Not really understanding probabilities helps a lot and a non scientific background is almost a must.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Global Warming… are the government trying to promote the fact its happening..?’ is closed to new replies.