Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • Global warming anybody?
  • inkster
    Free Member

Thought not.

No need to reply really, just needed to get it off my chest.

ahwiles
    Free Member

last year the north pole melted – all those trillions of tonnes of ice cold water went somewhere…

At least 2 of them fell into my back yard 2 weeks ago and haven’t left yet.

so ironically, it may well be that all the snow is evidence of global warming.

and if this easterly wind hangs around during summer, all the roads will melt in the heat…

roverpig

No idea, but why anybody would think that an increase in average global temperature has to mean an increase in temperatures everywhere all the time is beyond me. Weather is a dynamic system. So, surely, putting more energy into the system would just lead to bigger swings i.e. more extreme periods of hot/cold or wet/dry weather.

Quite what this has to do with bikes though is a mystery to me.

nickjb
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQlHaGhYoF0[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQlHaGhYoF0

thx1138
    Free Member

Isn’t it called ‘climate change’ these days though?

And haven’t global temperatures actually increased in recent history?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member
    chief9000
    Free Member

Global warming… 🙄

Yes thx1138, youare completely correct. It is now refereed to as climate change. Unfortunately the average idiot on the street does not really understand the concept. Of course, year on year we are seeing more intense weather events, however, because they cant wear shorts the whole year round in wherever in the UK, they don’t believe that anything is happening.

The next thing the average idiot will complain about CO2 and how that is unimportant. They almost never understand the wider picture that we live in an “environment” and when we fu** it up its not pleasant to live in anymore.

ska-49
    Free Member

Climate Change FFS.

retro83
    Free Member

chief9000 – Member

Global warming…

Yes thx1138, youare completely correct. It is now refereed to as climate change. Unfortunately the average idiot on the street does not really understand the concept. Of course, year on year we are seeing more intense weather events, however, because they cant wear shorts the whole year round in wherever in the UK, they don’t believe that anything is happening.

What makes you think there are now more ‘intense weather events’ ?

some pretty graphs for you

And no, I’m not a denier, though I am naturally skeptical of this, as I am with any piece of information. I’m just getting the arse ache with the relentless onslaught of guff from the media every time there is weather of some kind or floods, droughts, snow, heatwaves, long winters, crap summers etc telling me it must be down to AGW CC AEWE.

ITS CLIMAGEDDON!!!!!1

inkster
    Free Member

Sometimes it snows….in April.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Sometimes it snows in May (where i live, which may not be near where you live, but is important to me).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And no, I’m not a denier, though I am naturally skeptical of this, as I am with any piece of information.

That sounds like how scientists are.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think a lot of it could be solved by sacrificing a few weather forecasters as an offering to the weather gods.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

shitest global warming I’ve ever shivered thru

bikebouy
    Free Member

It is a bit weird ill admit.

Just come back from 2 weeks in Madeira and its a bit warmer there for sure.

Back home on the Coast it should be aves of 13C, so were 10C off that at the mo.

vancoughcough
    Free Member

Global warming is a fraud.

They had to rebrand it climate change when the date didn’t support warming.

Climate change is yet another fear tactic used by the elite, to keep the masses inline, and line the pockets of bankers etc with carbon credits and also serves nicely to deindustrialise the West.

It’s bullshit for you folks that believe everything you read in newspapers or see on the BBC.

Even David **** Attenbrough feeds you the shit… and you lap it up.

bigjim

quick, everyone start desperately googling for vaguely related links to prove there is no such thing!

5thElefant
    Free Member

Burn the unbeliever!

fourbanger
    Free Member

Here’s something interesting to watch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01qnnqt

Some original thinkers onboard. 2 points raises, like any other successful organism we change our environment, nothing new there. We shouldn’t try to stop it happening, but adapt to the change.

“Climate change” is a business like any other, make no mistake.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i know insulting Sir David lets get him

However I cant fault his grasp of science 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Even David **** Attenbrough feeds you the shit… and you lap it up.

TBH your comment :

Climate change is yet another fear tactic used by the elite, to keep the masses inline, and line the pockets of bankers etc with carbon credits and also serves nicely to deindustrialise the West. [/i]

suggests that you have been fed shit by David Icke which you have clearly been lapping up.

Check how close to your views David Icke’s views are :

‘The latest megalomaniacal threat from the financial globalists wants to saddle the world economy with a cost of trillions of dollars that benefits favorite corporatists. The phony global warming cult has a core purpose.

Their objective is to drive down the standard of living for non-elites and prevent the use of fossil fuel energy. The fallacious science used to create a disinformation scare for politically unsophisticated “True Believers” is a direct result of transnational money manipulators.

A $14 Trillion Extortion for a Global Warming Scam

Do you want to talk about lizards now?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Edited in response to the deleted post.

Junkyard
    Free Member

[tannoy] Kaesae to the forum[/TANNOY}

ahwiles
    Free Member

…They had to rebrand it climate change when the date* didn’t support warming.

*data?

let me guess, there’s been no warming since 1997?

bigjim

kaesae = van cough cough?

Haven’t seen kaesae for ages, thought he was banned or something, or spending his time on wacky conspiracy theories, and foil helmets.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I also assumed banned but I meant more they were kindred spirits. However [ I cannot believe i will say this] K man was far more grounded and polite 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I liked kaesae. His threads were hugely popular and he stimulated debated. Although some of his views were a little unusual.

vancoughcough
    Free Member

It is truly frightening that you believe everything you have been told.

Also a concern that you cannot debate without resorting to insults..

So closed minded and indoctrinated that you buy everything that mainstream media and government tell you. Truly this frightens me.

Anyway, you carry on, pretend you have won, extinguish the debate, everyone will agree with your mainstream installed view.. The End.

Pathetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtevF4B4RtQ

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I would suggest that : “Even David **** Attenbrough feeds you the shit… and you lap it up.”
    isn’t particularly polite.

Cougar

kaesae = van cough cough?

I’ve reviewed this and I’m confident that’s not the case.

Haven’t seen kaesae for ages, thought he was banned or something, or spending his time on wacky conspiracy theories, and foil helmets.

At least one of those things may be true.

sbob
    Free Member

I’d be more inclined to listen to the people who say we are changing the climate if they would actually agree on how we are changing it. 💡

Whether you believe in CC/GW or not, I think we can all agree that waste is bad and being more economical with natural resources is good.

Burning fossil fuels for energy can’t be good in anyone’s book, what we need is a good clean source of energy, like nuclear. Unfortunately people are scared of it.

molgrips
    Free Member

So closed minded and indoctrinated that you buy everything that mainstream media and government tell you.

Two things:

1) why do you assume we get our info from mainstream media?

2) If something were true, surely mainstream media and government would agree on it and be telling us? Therefore, you can’t believe something is false simply because you’re being told it.

They had to rebrand it climate change when the date didn’t support warming.

No, they had to rebrand it because thick **** like you looked out of the window at snow and said ‘how can there be global warming? It’s snowing!’ 🙄

sbob
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

No, they had to rebrand it because thick **** like you looked out of the window at snow and said ‘how can there be global warming? It’s snowing!’

No, they rebranded it because they made claims that didn’t come true.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’ve reviewed this and I’m confident that’s not the case.

the mods were the ones who laser tagged his eyes and now you can see everything he does

It is truly frightening that you believe everything you have been told.

So closed minded and indoctrinated that you buy everything that mainstream media and government tell you. Truly this frightens me.

Anyway, you carry on, pretend you have won, extinguish the debate, everyone will agree with your mainstream installed view.. The End.

Pathetic.
    What peer review journal was this published in then?
    tbh you buying all the conspiracy guff sold to you by Icke – would you say he has made a living and a greay business pedalling his message for example- is more akin to your view than ours after all we can be swayed with facts

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

For those who aren’t enjoying our unseasonably cold March/April, T ? H

sbob
    Free Member

Temperature does not equal Hydrogen? 😕

rattrap
    Free Member

I’d be more inclined to listen to the people who say we are changing the climate if they would actually agree on how we are changing it.

This!

Back in 2004, the scientists were telling us this:

The snow is disappearing from Snowdon, scientists have claimed.
    A study of the snowline on Wales’ icon mountain has found its winter cap has retreated over the past 10 years.

and, importantly that:

The figures indicated that this winter Snowdon is on track to have less snow than any of the last 10 years.
    The results appear to back the growing body of evidence to support climate change.

and that:

“What we have found is that it is not so cold as it used to be…Minimum temperatures do not plunge as low as they used to which means that the range of temperatures we experience has decreased…And if recent trends continue a white Christmas in Wales could certainly be a thing of the past.”

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/4112137.stm

Now – thats all pretty unequivocal! Then in 2007, we were being told that:

Snowdon may lose its snow cover within 13 years as a result of climate change,

and that:

Snow has been disappearing for some time from the peak, the highest in Britain south of the Highlands, but the Countryside Council for Wales (CCW) disclosed that this winter’s accumulation is the lowest since records began 14 years ago. With only a couple of snowfalls this winter, the total depths measured are way down on previous years and, if the trend continues, any kind of the cover could disappear by 2020.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/snowdon-will-be-snowfree-in-13-years-scientists-warn-432596.html

I can even point you to two official government documents that specifically state that snow coverage on Snowdon is a key indicator of climate change

and then we get the Welsh Minister in 2007 stating

Welsh environment minister Jane Davidson said last night she was shocked by photographs taken ten years apart, one showing Snowdon covered in snow and the other more recent picture, without its white peaks.

in an article that also states

Experts predict that the impact of global warming on the weather will mean increased temperatures, hotter, drier summers, milder winters with less snow and more intense rainfall

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2007/11/21/snowdonia-shows-signs-of-global-warming-55578-20137434/

allied to this photo:

Photos reveal global warming sweeping snow out of Snowdonia

So – sorry, but when this happens:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-21952080

Its simply revisionist nonsense to move the goalposts and tell us that the colder, snowier weather is down to climate change, as the global warming alarmists have quite undeniably and quite consistently been telling us for the last decade that the opposite would be true.

molgrips
    Free Member

No, they rebranded it because they made claims that didn’t come true.

a) evidence for that?
    b) they’ve been making claims about the middle or the end of the century. It’s only 2013.
    c) they aren’t making ‘claims’ they are making models that suggest certain outcomes, and trying to tell you about it. They can’t help it if the general **** public doesn’t understand what they are trying to say.

molgrips
    Free Member

Back in 2004, the scientists were telling us this:

So you expect scientists to learn nothing in 9 years?

Its simply revisionist nonsense to move the goalposts and tell us that the colder, snowier weather is down to climate change

What?

Warmer air holds more moisture, which can mean more snow.

And for at least the last decade they’ve been telling us we’ll get more intense extreme weather with climate change, but in about 50 years’ time. So wtf are you talking about?

rattrap
    Free Member

Warmer air holds more moisture, which can mean more snow.

But in just 2007, they told us:

Experts predict that the impact of global warming on the weather will mean increased temperatures, hotter, drier summers, milder winters with less snow and more intense rainfall

And, quite specifically, that decreased snow coverage was a key indicator of climate change in wales

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘Global warming anybody?’ is closed to new replies.