Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Global Corporate Challenge?
  • mrsflash
    Free Member

Is anyone else doing this through their work? we’ve got quite a few teams her. 10k steps a day could be a fair task for me though.

wombat

We’re doing it, I suspect I’ll be making good use of the miles cycled in to steps conversion

shuhockey
    Free Member

Yep – 1km or 0.6miles = 300 steps!

DezB
    Free Member

Did it last year, but can’t be bothered this time. Damn annoying trying to remember the step counter thing all the time.
    Loads of teams just cheat and put in 30-40,000 steps every day, so it’s a waste of time trying to be competitive.

shuhockey
    Free Member

I’ve set-up a singletrackworld mini league if anyone wants in. Drop me an email or let me know on here.

mrsflash
    Free Member

I don’t actually ride a bike any more (well a grand total of 26 miles done last year on one feeble roady outing, this year so far 0 miles), so I won’t be doing any converting. I am doing some running though and have 2 10Ks entered in June and July and am pondering a half, so that should get my steps up a bit. I’m quite interested to see how 3 x days in an office will compare to 4 x days sitting with my feet up drinking coffee running round after two smalls though.

tonyd

10k steps a day

1km or 0.6miles = 300 steps

So you have to walk 20 miles a day??!!!!

wombat

10k steps a day

1km or 0.6miles = 300 steps

So you have to walk 20 miles a day??!!!!

No, 1km or 0.6 miles = 300 steps is the conversion from cycling

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t forget – you add the 300 steps per K to what the counter says. I used to take off the counter number, cheating myself out of steps.

mrsflash
    Free Member

You’re supposed to aim for 10k steps which is 5 miles I think.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Global Corporate Challenge?’ is closed to new replies.