Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Glentress Tomorrow What Should I Ride??
  • Jammy111
    Free Member

Im going to glentress tomorrow for 2days :lol:. I will be arriving around midday tomorrow and will have to leave at 3 on saturday.

I fancy doing both red and black routes and having some time to mess around in the bike park at some point. So my plan was red tomorrow at midday then a play in the bike park afterwards. Then black on sat morning with any time left over before 3 to mess around further in the park.

My questions are:

Which is the better out of the black and red routes?
    Are either any good for a bit of sessioning ?
    Any other advice on other things to ride/stuff to do whilst im there?

Cheers,
    James

simonralli2
    Free Member

Edit – first post was based on doing the best of Glentress one day then Innerleithen on Saturday, but I think there is a DH championship at Innerleithen that weekend so maybe you may want to miss Innerleithen although the XC route is still free.

Most people session Spooky Wood, but Betty Blue and Electric Blue are both brilliant.

On Tuesday much of the bike park was shut apart from just a few tabletop jumps. It could well still be shut this weekend.

Stu

a bike 😆

ojom
    Free Member

Aye some of the jumps and the 'funbox' are out of bounds…

do the black. twice!

how about doing Gypsy Glen over the road? Its a grand wee ride – you even get to park at the Hub so you know there is cake at the end.

simonralli2
    Free Member

This thread here outlines the STW's Dream Team route around Glentress – may be some use

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stw-fabulous-five-dream-team-todays-glentress-ride-pics#post-685917

Jammy111
    Free Member

cheers guys. looks like its best just to pick what to ride when im there. will ask in the cafe as well as im sure they will know all about it.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

just looked at the 7stanes website and the freeride is partially closed tomorrow but should all be open on Saturday. Check the notice board in the car park for trail info. The pie run and mushroom pie are great for sessioning.

the_lecht_rocks

jammy111 – shame you're not there on Sunday ?
    i'm there all next week if you need a 'guide' ?

DickBarton

Your bike on the trails that are available in the forest…

Jammy111
    Free Member

cheers for the non sarcastic comments guys!

the_lecht_rocks- sorry bud, got to be back for work on sat night. wish i could stay longer though.

the_lecht_rocks

@ jammy111 – how did you get on ? i assume the trails were bone dry and fast 😈
    what did you do and what did you think ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Glentress Tomorrow What Should I Ride??’ is closed to new replies.