Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Glentress snow
  • bigjim

Anyone been down GT in the last couple of days? Just wondering if its nice snow or slushy not nice snow on the trails, or icy doom or what.

BoardinBob

Pics from a couple of days ago on Facebook showed quite a bit of snow. If it’s been ridden/ trampled then frozen it’ll be a write off.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

As of yesterday – perfect conditions really (was snowing again as I was leaving though). Some of the trails (red&blue) are clear of snow (esp lower and under trees) – rest have crunchy snow but generally grippy. A few icy patches – easy to spot. Had the place to myself I think!

Car park ok too – including the steep hill. Buzzards is closed apparently.

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

Oh, was thinking of going there this weekend too! Wales might be a better option then.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I’m meant to be hitting Innerleithen tonight. Will I die?

FraserCook

Planning on Inners on Sunday.. wonder if should put the spikes on?

dukeduvet

was there yesterday late afternoon round the red route and coulda’s decsription is spot on. Thought I had it all to myself! Was so still and peaceful.

Spooky Wood descent at the very top had a few inches but just made it all the more fun, railing round snow covered berms is recommended! Good snow, no slush and not much ice.

Get there asap

Prophet2
    Free Member

Heading up GT to do the Black and a few off piste bits tonight. I live just over the road from Glentress and we have had some rain today but mostly it has just been sunny and windy.

Of course hat has no bearings to what the weather can be like on higher ground 😈

stevemtb
    Free Member

The report I got from Inners today is that it’s raining at carpark level which has shifted a lot of the snow but still plenty on the hill.

Not sure if it was falling as rain or snow on the Minch.

jockthestore
    Free Member

Rode Inners yesterday – towards the top, by the tree line there was about 4 inches of snow… Afraid to say I gave up pushing and turned round!! Still good fun though.

balfa
    Free Member

Its supposed to warm up tomorrow before cooling down again friday so hopefully things will defrost a little for the weekend!

Is the full inners XC open again?

bigjim

Cool, had hoped to be able to get down this evening but things got in the way. can’t beat a good snow ride!

snakebite
    Free Member

Hope it holds for a good 10 days, Cannock massif up there next Thurs for a long weekend!

FraserCook

i think the hurricane force winds should blow the snow away!

legolam
    Free Member

Any news from GT today?

I’m thinking of heading up there tomorrow with my occasionally mountain biking boyfriend. If we did, we’d probably stick to the blues around the top car park, maybe going up to Spooky Wood on the fireroad to do that descent. He’s not a confident (or fit!) mountain biker – am I mad to even consider it?

BoardinBob

Glentress – updated 8th December
    Buzzards Nest car park, Falla Brae car park and access road to them are currently closed to vehicles due to severe weather.

Trails: all trails open but please be aware of severe weather conditions.

Wallrides section in Freeride Park remains closed (reopening date TBC).

Conditions: Snow/ice lying at mid and high levels. High winds – possibility of trees and branches down on trails.

Diversions: none.

More info: Toilets, showers and changing now located in Glentress Peel buildings.

Contact an MTB ranger on 07834 435380.

http://www.7stanesmountainbiking.com/Glentress—Innerleithen

munkyboy
    Free Member

Anyone been today? What’s it like

FraserCook

7StanesWebsite has no update on trail conditions since 8th December.
    about to head down. Stupid internet, whats the point?think i will chuck the icespikers in the car just in case.

bigjim

I had thought about going down today but after a very brief pentland ride/rapid u-turn home again last night I decided it might be a bit ming/icey/slushy. The better half is there today so I’ll get some feedback later.

Liftman

Just back and it’s all good, there’s some sizeable wind fall on the ground but the snow has cleared. 😀

FraserCook

Rode Innerleithen.
    Conditions were good. Bit of snow at the top after Minch Moor, and couple of trees down blocking trail at Plora Craig, but apart from that trails riding well, no ice, and only very short section of snow..

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Glentress snow’ is closed to new replies.