Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Glentress or Innerliethen Red Route ?
  • nealglover
    Free Member

Which is easier ? (technical/fitness)

Going up there soon and was wondering which one was the easiest, will be riding with my other half and between the two of us we are about half fit :mrgreen:

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Different. Inners is straight up hour or so out the car park and then pretty well straight down. Not overly technical, well you can ride round the drops at the end.

Glentress is more like other trail centres, up and downy (only much better than most).

I love both, inners is probably my favourite single red in the uk. But Glentress has a lot more to offer and you can tailure your ride to suit. Some of the blue there is also excellent.

Go to GT… IMO

coogan
    Free Member

Innerleithen for me.

nealglover
    Free Member

My OH prefers smoother trails to rocks and roots, if that makes any difference to the answer ?

nealglover
    Free Member

coogan – Member
    Innerleithen for me.

Do you mean that’s you favourite, or that’s the easier one ?

johnikgriff
    Free Member

If she likes smoother got to GT and do berm baby berm all day, it’s a blast.

youngrob

Innerleithen has more variety as you can mix up the descents at the end with bits of the downhill trails. I think Innerleithen is more technical and a harder climb, there’s nothing technical about GT red (or Black!) but the descents are wide and smooth.

Depends what you like.

nealglover
    Free Member

johnikgriff – Member

That was the plan (the blue at GT)

But just found out it’s closed all day Saturday so lookingof or an alternative now 🙁

ahwiles
    Free Member

johnikgriff – Member

what he ^ said.

the GT blue trail is brilliant.

noobies love it, and if you think it’s ‘below’ you, try riding it without using the brakes.

(but don’t hassle the noobies!)

why more trail-centres don’t have a lovely swoopy blue is a mystery…

Northwind

Glentress will be very disrupted this weekend, for the Glentress 7.

Innerleithen has a lot going on once you start combining in the DH trails and off-map descents but IMO the red route is overrated- pretty samey, and quite a lot of unexceptional trail linking up the good bits. Also inexplicably pedally. It’s very good and I ride there a lot- but I ride glentress more, it’s got more variety, and tbh it’s just better executed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Glentress or Innerliethen Red Route ?’ is closed to new replies.