• This topic has 44 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Pyro.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Glentress Enjoyro, who’s going
  • richmtb

Any fellow mincers want to admit to taking part?

Trying to get my fitness and riding sharpness back after lockdown and a bad crash last summer so this looks ideal.

poah
    Free Member

nope – can save my money and ride the trails for free another day.

BoardinBob

Yes I’m in. A wee warm up for the EWS. Nice to get the eye in on an easier race to get back into the racing groove

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

nope – can save my money and ride the trails for free another day.

And the pointless comment of the day award goes to….

poah
    Free Member

And the pointless comment of the day award goes to….

@stevenmenmuir

well done on your pointless comment

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Somebody has to be the runner up 🤣. But seriously, somebody’s paid their hard earned to do what they want to do and just asking who else is going. He’s not asking who’s too tight to go. Have you not got some kids to inspire through learning and positivity?

BoardinBob

Have you not got some kids to inspire through learning and positivity?

😆

poah
    Free Member

Have you not got some kids to inspire through learning and positivity?

nope

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Well that’s a relief.

jamesmio
    Free Member

Aye. Me n the bro-in-law are doing it – first time between the tape in ages so hopefully a nice warm up ahead of the Fair City Enduro at the end of next month.

First time at Tweedlove too so quite looking forward to just having a mooch about the place.

stanfree
    Free Member

@poah In being a knob shocker. Surely the point of Enjoyro is to let People have an Enduro style experience without maybe having the skills to do a full on event. For someone with a youtube channel you do yourself no favours . Still fire on son .
    I sold a set of wheels to a lassie from Gala recently who was excited for this as she had only taken up mountain biking recently. She admitted she wasn’t the best but seemed buzzing for this as Im sure a lot of wee kids and their mums and dads are.

phil5556

I had entered for last year (I don’t do racing, I’m too average) but unfortunately can’t make this years due to work. Think it would have been a good laugh / interesting experiment in seeing how I got on against others.

Good luck!

euain

I’m doing it as I can do the Generations thing and race my lad. Looking forward to it – a weekend biking with all the atmosphere Tweedlove events bring with them.

I’m also doing the Tenduro so I’ll be knackered and riding more than just stage 5 blind for Sunday. Bring it on… (help!)

hels
    Free Member

I forgot I had an entry to this until this week – freebie for marshalling – I am still havering over doing it cos poor fitness and recently healed ribs (excuse excuse etc).

I thought this event was supposed to be a laugh for the mums and kids – has it become proper competitive? Practice for EWS no less. Enduro Warriors shouting RIDER!! at me puts me off more than the excuses above.

Maybe I will just marshal.

bowglie

Yep, myself and a couple of friends are doing it. I live locally, so know most of the course well – but am still going to be riding at injured grandad pace. Gonna let my much younger friends do their ‘race pace’ thing – if you see an old ‘all the gear no idea’ bloke being towed along by a keen chap on a black Trek, gimme a wave and be careful when you overtake😁

P.S. I started doing pre-event interval training a few weeks back, but sacked that off after a week!

richmtb

I thought this event was supposed to be a laugh for the mums and kids – has it become proper competitive? Practice for EWS no less. Enduro Warriors shouting RIDER!! at me puts me off more than the excuses above.

Well I hope not, I’m hoping its nice and chilled.

Race numbers and start times were out last night I’m 306. If you see a short fat guy on a Whyte say hello

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I am! Was originally entered as a nice gentle race while I was rehabing from broken leg, which has now long since healed but looking forward to a chilled morning on the bike with some mates.

I thought this event was supposed to be a laugh for the mums and kids – has it become proper competitive?

Was always pitched as that or for those who couldn’t commit to full weekend of racing. Definitely think there’s a bit of a gap at the moment for events for the less committed since Muckmedden events reduced, most other stuff is a full 2 day commitment to practice and race so I can see why something like Enjoyro has a bit of a wider appeal at the moment.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I have always said there is a huge gap for a competent rider, who to use golfie trails can do repeat offender fine but walks some of waterworld, to have a race.

I thought enjoyro was meant to be this. If you are paying for a race (not a sportive type event) but people are offended you wanted to actually race then whats the point?

meikle_partans
    Free Member

Youse are overthinking it! It’ll be good. I did it a couple of years ago and it was just a huge range of people and a good atmosphere. Ranges from kids to adults and a fair number of fast people accompanying slower folk e.g. Crawford Carrick Anderson who was doing it with his daughter.

It ranges from someone on a supermarket special upwards. You will overtake and you will be overtaken.

The biggest demographic seemed to be “I’ve got the enduro bike and all the gear but I’m not really up to a proper enduro yet/ever”

And we did all queue up at the top of Berm Baby Berm to allow all the Poahs of the world to sneer at us, which I saw as a nice public service.

clubby

Went to enter then noticed the ebike challenge and entered that instead. For some reason entered the advanced option, hopefully don’t offend too many riders by getting in their way.

Have fun everyone!

davewalsh
    Free Member

I’m doing it with my 12yo daughter, it’s our first enduro for both of us. Hoping it’s more of a chilled family vibe than an EWS warm-up!

doomanic

What trails are being used for this? It sounds like a blast.

mtnboarder

Course map

Did this a few years ago when it was on the friday night, good fun course

richmtb

How did everyone get on.

I thought it was a really good event.

I was really enjoying Dave’s trail at the end until I hit a tree.

aide

To those who went, how did it go? Did you enjoy it? Fancy doing it next year as I don’t fancy the whole enduro experience as I would just be a ‘mincer’ amongst all the hard core bruhs.

tourismo

First time for me. Really enjoyed it, relaxed, friendly atmosphere and fun trails. Would recommend it as a first enduro.

BoardinBob

Lots of fun. First stage was pure trail centre, other 3 were a really nice mix of off piste and on. Made a mess of stage 2 as I caught the 2 riders in front of me and they pulled into the right to let me past at the same time, just as I expected the trail to go right but in fact it was a completely new bit off to the left. Lost loads of time as we all got tangled up but apart from that it was a glorious day on the bike. Weather was great, trails were great and the event village was the best it’s been in years. Well worth paying for.

Northwind

Looks a great route… I remember doing berm baby berm/electric blue ages back, maybe in the first king and queen? You think ah, this’ll be easy but easy trails get bloody hectic when the clock’s ticking 🙂

BoardinBob
    tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Was a lovely morning out, definitely would love to see more similar shorter easier races on the calendar, just a nice relaxed vibe and much easier to fit round family life. Bonus of a very unexpected podium finish was nice, haven’t had one of those since the late 90s!

BoardinBob

just a nice relaxed vibe and much easier to fit round family life

Actually commented that to the Mrs over breakfast at the hydro this morning. Nice wee chilled one day race made it a much more enjoyable weekend to take in all the other stuff that was going on

Northwind

Good job Doug!

jamesmio
    Free Member

Thoroughly enjoyed it. First time at Tweedlove and I don’t know whether it’s because it felt like something ‘normal’ again after 18 months largely staring at a screen in my spare room, or because it’s a festival for the thing I enjoy doing the most or what, but the whole event and setup was brilliant.

Cracking vibe throughout – riders and marshals all on top form. Course was great, didn’t much love Stage 1 but only because I’m BarryWhite at cornering. Stages 2 to 4 were ace.

Hit the mark about perfectly for me – enough to keep you focussed but nothing so technical, slipper or steep that it would put off someone fairly new to the sport.

Great to catch up with the squad from Bird.

Oh, and a worthy mention to the chap at Hotlines/Nukeproof/WTB who furnished the brother in law with a brand spanking set of Sam Hill pedals – gratis – when his nylon Nukeproofs disintegrated a mile and a half into the race.

Offered to pay, was flatly and politely refused. Totally over and above the call of duty that and hugely appreciated.

Neither of us were even on Nukeproof bikes, just that pair of pedals.

richmtb

Oh, and a worthy mention to the chap at Hotlines/Nukeproof/WTB who furnished the brother in law with a brand spanking set of Sam Hill pedals – gratis – when his nylon Nukeproofs disintegrated a mile and a half into the race.

Saw a guy half way up Janet’s Brae with a pedal body in one hand and the axle still attached to the bike. Glad to hear it got sorted

euain

Did Enjoyro – not a huge fan of the course (too pedal for me unfit legs!) but still had a great time. The atmosphere and vibe was on another level though. My son (13) did the Enjoyro, messed about on the airbag and was demoing bikes and loitering about and having fun on Sunday while I played on the hills again. His first comment was just how friendly and happy everyone was.

Second comment was that he needs an eBike!

Definitely back next year though may skip the Enjoyro if he is old enough for the lite course on the Tenduro.

jamesmio
    Free Member

richmtb
    Saw a guy half way up Janet’s Brae with a pedal body in one hand and the axle still attached to the bike. Glad to hear it got sorted

Yep, that would be him. I’d have been dispatched back down towards the village to find a replacement at that point. A bit of a result that by all accounts.

snotrag

Bump – next Enjoyro is in April.

I like a little light hearted racing and I’ve also never been to Glentress. Whata the format?

Does it take all day or just a couple of hours? Do you only get one go at each stage, no practice? The website doesn’t give much away.

I’d be travelling up from Yorkshire so it’ll be a two nighter, is it worth it?

And finally, wheres the actual ‘event’ village/start/finish? As I’d need to find somewhere to stay or camp and prefer if that was very close. The info says it’s at ‘Glentress’ but the maps seem to show it starts in Peebles?

fazzini

Me and @nobbingsford are attending/taking part. No idea what to expect. There’s a couple of YT videos from last year but nothing too extensive. I’ve never done anything like this before so could be ‘interesting’ 🤣

hels
    Free Member

Glentress Forest starts on the outskirts of Peebles so it is both!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Glentress Enjoyro, who’s going’ is closed to new replies.