Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • glentress development plans doesnt look great!
  • crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Audi/Santa Cruz statements are rude and unfair,

I think the reference being their reluctance to pay for parking (which supports the trails) whilst being able to afford to spend so much on their hobby is completely fair, and if you just read it as inverse snobbery you’re missing the point. I’ve lost count of the amount of people I’ve seen on expensive bikes diving into the undergrowth at places like Woburn to avoid being politely approached by a ranger and asked to pay a few quid for a day permit.

If you’re a local and ride somewhere like that regularly I get you reducing your costs, but for plenty of folk the permit/parking cost is probably less than the fuel they used to get there.

NZCol

Indeed, I misinterpreted it. Agree though, paying some cash to ride is part of using built trails. So I agree.

gavstorie
    Free Member

i dont actually see what all the fuss is about.

The freeride park is going.. but being replaced by a new skills loop/pump track/ free ride at the peel..

New trails are planned for Castle Hill.

New cabins in the forest.. great.. hopefully more people and families will come biking..

The bottom line is that GT is the place to go for people who want to learn how to ride MTB’s Theres loads of trails for people of all abilities and it’s amazing to see the place packed with kids at the weekends and holidays. Any positive progress related to MTB’ing has to be a good thing..

poah
    Free Member

i dont actually see what all the fuss is about.

The freeride park is going.. but being replaced by a new skills loop/pump track/ free ride at the peel..

For my son it’s the fact that there won’t be freeride park at the buzzards nest. He likes to ride the freeride area, berm baby berm, blue velvet, skills area which is all in a very small area. Remove the freeride park and you remove a huge feature. Doesn’t seem smart to build cabins half way up the hill either, I’d have thought they would have been better at the bottom.

Northwind

For me that’s the big loss. Not sure it matters to visitors but for regulars, that whole “crossroads of the trails” thing is great. It’ll still be largely true but it’ll lose the focal point.

franksinatra

Tweed Valley is so much more than GT. FC need to develop income so good luck to them. I do not have a problem with this at all. If it ruins GT (and I doubt it will) then there are plenty of other, better, trails nearby.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Pretty much agree with NW up there, but…

I’d let them build all the cabins into that barren, god awful hillside around the peel, means the cafe and bonys would get a turn as luxury cabin type folk generally like facilities around them.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘glentress development plans doesnt look great!’ is closed to new replies.