Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Glentress black
  • webwonkmtber
    Free Member

Did it today. It was fantastic… but I took an age!

What times do the whippets/fit do it in?

the_lecht_rocks

3 hours for me with “comfort breaks”….:)

legend
    Free Member

Not sure how long i’ve taken before, but if you want really depressed have a look at the dirtschool website. e.g.

Andy Barlow
    Trek Top Fuel 9.9
    Dry
    1:31

😯

gingerss
    Free Member

What did you think of the diversion around deliverance? I thought it was the best part of the route – stunning.

webwonkmtber
    Free Member

Yeah, I liked the diversion a lot.

It was a stunning day today – really enjoyed it, but shoulda taken more food! Proper munchies at the end.

Andy Barlow must be a fit man. Took me nearer four hours today.

Garry_Lager

Did it just under 2 hrs a few times a stone or two ago. Reckon this would be a good benchmark for regular riders putting their backs into it. Racers would be comfortably under this, but 2 hrs is a decent effort for the more rotund of us.
    If you wanted to stop for the odd chinwag, eat some monster munch then 2 1/2 hours should still be comfy.

That was before all the gubbins at the start up to the buzzards nest, mind, so maybe 2 hrs is faster nowadays.

chriswilk
    Free Member

full black by myself is 2 hrs

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Lets stop all this chat of 2 hour rides, my significant other thinks it takes all day, lets keep it like that please 😈

gingerss
    Free Member

I think if you’re very fit and determined 2 hours doesn’t seem that bad. I think most of us who cannot commit the amount of time it takes to get and stay that fit can not realistically get round that quickly.

Besides most of us we go somewhere like Glentress to have a good day out on the bike as part of a social experience with a mixed group and don’t really aim to kill ourselves.

bellerophon
    Free Member

I don’t know if it’s possible to describe, but where does the diversion around deliverance go and finish?

gingerss
    Free Member

If you look at the map there is a fire road that heads south from the end of leithen door. The diversion heads along that fire road for a short distance then drops through the trees and emerges where Hope burn is met by another couple of becks.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Cheers Gingerss, I see roughly where you mean

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Glentress black’ is closed to new replies.