Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Glentress
  • coogan
    Free Member

Had a nice wee ride round there today, first time in a while, Mixing up red/black/secret stuff nearly everyone knows about. Was good, my knee problem never reared its annoyingly painful head. So all good.

But seriously, it’s getting worse down there. The amount of body armour, pressure suits, mahoosive bikes, people pushing mahoosive bikes up to Spooky Wood, full facers and someone with one of those DH neck brace things on the red who couldn’t get up rock step. Its madness, I can understand why people want to protect themselves yadda yadda, but bin all the over the top armour and just learnt to ride your bike. I also understand that the mahoosive bikes may be their only bike, but do it some justice and take it to Innerleithen, Spooky Wood is guff at the best of times, can only imagine it’s a reet bore with 8″+ of travel.

Apart from all that, as you were.

grumm
    Free Member

Wow what an original thread topic.

druidh
    Free Member

It’s not very secret if you publish it on Endomondo…..

coogan
    Free Member

Ain’t it just.

coogan
    Free Member

I refer to my previous quote:

secret stuff nearly everyone knows about

Diane
    Free Member

It really doesn’t matter though does it? As long as they are out on their bikes and enjoying themselves.

mrplow
    Free Member

GT seems to be worse for increased numbers of people with negative opinions of others enjoyment…

Live and let live and all that.

Northwind

Diane – Member

“It really doesn’t matter though does it? As long as they are out on their bikes and enjoying themselves. “

I hereby appoint Diane as my spokesperson.

Liftman

Coogan, if you dont like it then dont go there !

simonralli2
    Free Member

Come to Kirroughtree where there is a more refined class of rider, or Ae where still there are hardly any people and you can mash it up in a sik stylee 😀

coogan
    Free Member

At what point did I say I didn’t like the place?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

A neck brace, hahahahaha!

Cue bleatings about confidence and medical reasons.

rOcKeTdOg

neck braces where in the sale at Alpine bikes in inners on tuesday, i tried one on and pretended to be Sam Hill/an F1 driver/MX rider at the same time, the man behind the counter told me off

Liftman

Spooky Wood is guff at the best of times

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Personally, I like the body armour wearers – the more kitted out they are, the more satisfying it is to hoon past them on the hardtail…

coogan
    Free Member

And how exactly does one part of a trail I don’t rate mean I don’t like the place? Jeez, clown. If you want to pick one lines of my post, how about:

Was good

or

Had a nice wee ride round there today

coogan
    Free Member

Doc Stu! How’s it going fella? Long time no see. Bought anymore bikes lately? :mrgreen:

the_lecht_rocks

bullandbladder has it…

these fooka’s need to be ‘educated’ FFS … grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

simonralli2
    Free Member

Coogan – not sure if your comment was aimed at me but I only meant what I said as a very gentle piece of humour. Sorry if that cheesed you off, sincerely. Am not out to cheese anyone off here!

coogan
    Free Member

Not sure how you thought it was aimed at you Simon, but rest assured, it wasn’t!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Teh odd occasion we take the tandem there its always amusing to see the stormtroopers faces as we appear at the top of spooky woods 🙂 Or go flying down the freeeride

hainman
    Free Member

not trying to defend anyone as some riders you see would be more suited to NFL or NHL but as of myself im thinking of some kind of padding as ive developed osteperosis and if i come of or whack my legs with a pedal at a pace of knoughts i’ll break a bone alot easier now than i would have previously.i might get one of those inflatable sumo suits.that should protect me no-end!!!look like a dobber but hey……..

jonb
    Free Member

We ride as a mixed group, some guys wear leg armour and some wear light full facers, most just wear normal kit . It’s the kind of place where you ride faster than normal as it’s built for speed rather than being particularly technical. As a club over the last few years we’ve had a couple of proper hard crashes and one guy airlifted off*. Some people feel happier wearing more protection. I prefer light weight and not a hot with more caution.

He was in a coma for a day or two so it changed a few peoples opinions on what was appropriate.

the_lecht_rocks

tj – i wish i could be there…..just once…..to see them parted by the tandem 🙂

Northwind

hainman – Member

“not trying to defend anyone as some riders you see would be more suited to NFL or NHL but as of myself im thinking of some kind of padding as ive developed osteperosis and if i come of or whack my legs with a pedal at a pace of knoughts i’ll break a bone alot easier now than i would have previously.”

Yep, that’s why I started wearing mine too. Wonder how many of the other folks out there that everyone thinks are so funny for being overarmoured are the same, osteoperosis is common in cyclists… And lots of other riders will be protecting old injuries. Still, everyone feel free to point and laugh.

partyboy
    Free Member

OP, you never mentioned what you were riding before throwing stones. I can only assume it was a fully rigid SS ❓

coogan
    Free Member

Singlespeed? Rigid? I’m many things, but I’m not some weirdo sicko with a pointless bike.

ojom
    Free Member

Don’t forget how hot you are too

cynic-al
    Free Member

3/10 Steve

coogan
    Free Member

I’m actually being serious Al! Today was unbelievable.

TBC – I never do. 8)

pastcaring
    Free Member

this thread happens every month… who give a ****! you must lead a very boring/uninteresting life!

grumm
    Free Member

He was in a coma for a day or two so it changed a few peoples opinions on what was appropriate.

Still, at least people weren’t mocking him for wearing too much protection on a mountain bike forum, that’s the important thing.

coogan
    Free Member

you must lead a very boring/uninteresting life!

I’m on a mountain bike forum, of course it’s boring/uninteresting.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

SS rigid here and guess what Glentress is an easy one, but then we are proper riding gods who do not require techno bling shite to ride hard & fast, just lots of old skool skills 8)

jonb
    Free Member

We now mock him as every time he doesn’t wear a full face.

norcosix
    Free Member

everyone has there own thoughts on protection. i wear a pressure suit at all 7 stanes and other cycle roots and i really couldnt give a hoot what anyone says about it as long as i know am protected if i fall !! nothing also better than cycling a big travel big up a hill. lock off my boxxers with motion control and hope my pro pedal takes care off the pedal bob. on the descents either move over or i am coming straight through !!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I’m afraid you appear to have mistaken me for someone who gives a s**t what other people ride, or indeed how they ride.

falkirk-mark

I think its pretty shit to be honest that people are having a pop at folk that are only looking after their safety.I mean WTF is it to anyone on here if someone gets dressed up as Darth Vader for what some see as a bimble in the countryside.

falkirk-mark

I think its pretty shit to be honest that people are having a pop at folk that are only looking after their safety.I mean WTF is it to anyone on here if someone gets dressed up as Darth Vader for what some see as a bimble in the countryside.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

You tell ’em dad 😡

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Glentress’ is closed to new replies.