Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • glentress 2010
  • jedi

im there in february for the smbla/ctc get mtb tutors course
    i'm excited as i haven't been to glentress since 2004 i reckon.
    have the trails improved/changed?

🙂

crazy-legs

You haven't been to GT since I rode with you there? Your first time on North Shore IIRC?
    Yes, it's changed a bit… 😉

jedi

2003 was my first shore ride ever there.
    2004 was the demo9 ride round the black iirc 🙂

AndyRT
    Free Member

all the shore in ewok village is gone 🙁

MussEd
    Free Member

The woodwork is all gone now!

househusband

Parking is way tighter!

MartinGT
    Free Member

Looking forward to the opening of the Peel Centre etc, but tbh the visitors centres are much the same. Prefer natural riding myself.

Enjoy though dude, youll enjoy it 🙂

metalheart
    Free Member

J/T – YGM 😉

Looks like I'll be down there Sunday 21st Feb. Anybody going to be kicking about? Never been before. Looking to do the red.

Anybody recommend somewhere to stay?

(sorry for hijack)

MartinGT
    Free Member

Peebles Hydro do a special for MTB's 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Gonna teach me to jump t'tandem properly then?

jedi

can do tj if i get time! 🙂

jedi

hydro? where's that?

im looking forward to going. i dunno how long i'll be staying for, 4 days at least it looks like 🙂

jedi

any recommends for where to stay?

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

http://www.visittweedvalley.co.uk for everything from bunkhouse to hotel

jedi

biker recommends from here would be cool. keep the cash in the circle and that

mattyh222
    Free Member

traquir arms in innerleithen village, the owner is sound, his son rides with ruaridh cunnyngham, good food, plenty of beer, good breakfast and go there on race weekend n have a chat with peaty and crew

matt

druidh
    Free Member

Cross Keys in Peebles

Drac

I've not been since 2004 either when there was the big STW meet. Only just up the road too, have a chance to go this Sunday but I have no real appeal to go.

radoggair
    Free Member

Jedi – peebles hydro is practically on the doorstep of Glen T.
    Post a date if your free for a day and we can do an STW meet. Even the 'banned' one may turn up

jedi

i may be coaching the banned one when i'm there 😉

allankelly

The trail building at GT never stops. The climb from The Hub (at the bottom) to Buzzards nest (the top carpark, a couple of miles in) is now all off-road and great fun – yes, climbing can be fun!

From there, you should mix + match the red + blue sections. Black's still loooong and 'out there' – you won't meet anyone – and round Buzzard it's busy on weekend afternoons. But get up to Spooky either on red or poofing-out straight up Anderson Road (avoids 2 fairly meaty climbs and one fun descent) and you're on the rollercoaster. There's at least 3 top-bottom routes from the top of Spooky to the Hub, each with loads of variations.

Study the map (which has improved too!) and just go round and round.

But also do Inners, it's amazing – a proper Mountain Bike track. 5 miles climbing to start with mind. But then there's the down… Oh, yes.

Maps:
    http://www.thehubintheforest.co.uk/Downloads/7stanesglentressinnerleithen.pdf

Cheers, al.

jedi

i like innerleithen.
    i like the kipps climb on the black.
    i love riding bikes both up and down. who doesn't???

jedi

anywhere else recommended for b+b?

crazy-legs

i may be coaching the banned one when i'm there

Surely he'd be coaching you?? Whooping your ass on his rigid SS while you struggle to keep up on the Demo9…

😉

hora
    Free Member

I'd never done the red before then a month ago I rode the red. Loved it. I thought 'mey, red will be for softies etc' but its soo flowy and you grin the whole way down. Loved it.

Drac

It dawned on me it wasn't 2004 I was there last, that's when I picked up my 7+ but didn't ride. It was 2002. still might be 8 years I still have no interest in going back.

jedi

drac, it was 2003. i know cos i met you and andy armstrong that day 🙂

crazylegs, i'll be on the hummer 🙂

Diane
    Free Member

Innerhaven and The Bike Lodge

cynic-al
    Free Member

I thought TJ and jedi were to ride the tandem down Caddon Bank?

jedi

mate, if i have the time that can be done too 🙂
    well worth trying

allankelly

I just had a look at the map I posted 🙄 and I'll recommend you a route:

From the top of spooky (north-most red), descend to the shelter/meteorite then turn _left_ and down Betty Blue to the road. Follow the road out to Deliverance black, and enjoy proper old Glentress. At the top of the Redemption climb, take the shortcut back onto the road and follow blue (yes, blue) with the Freeride park in the middle all the way to the Hub.

Yee, and indeed, ha!

al.

Drac

That was the one, yeah you did I think nearly the entire forum was there. I'm really piss useless with dates, I was thinking my eldest hadn't been born maybe she had.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I will be wearing full motorcycle protective kit if we end up doing it. FF helmet, leathers, body armour the lot.

Diane
    Free Member

Jedi – think you will be coaching me too. Can't wait! You do have a wand don't you?

jedi

dianne, i sometimes feel like i do yeah 😉

Diane
    Free Member

Cool!:-)

jedi

am i seeing you then when i'm up? what day?

Sanny
    Free Member

Hola!

Innerhaven is the place to go Jedi. Andy who runs it is a font of trail knowledge.

Was it really 2003 when you first came up? Bloody hell! I still remember the curry and the classic comment when we got the bill…. "I asked for the bill, not your telephone number!" £45 for popadoms…….eek!

Cheers

Sanny

PS I hear you are off to the Basque Country too……you are in for a real treat! I loved it out there. Magic riding, Doug and Amaia are great hosts too.

mark_b
    Free Member

Has all the woodwork gone from double x ? And will the big wooden wall ever re-open in the freeride park ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘glentress 2010’ is closed to new replies.