Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Glentress
  • MrsToast
    Free Member

We’re off to Glentress at the weekend for the first time in a couple of years. I was wondering if there’d been any sizeable changes to the blue/red/skills area – I read a couple of years ago that there was going to be some changes due to some forest lodges being built, but haven’t seen anything about that since!

poah
    Free Member

nothing has changed in years

brads
    Free Member

Nope
    Much the same.
    Some work on blacks and some wilder stuff in the shape of hush hush , careless whisper etc but still Glentress.

Northwind

The lodges scheme hasn’t moved on, still just sort of a hanging threat. Not sure how long it’s been since you were there, but, the skills area has lost a bunch of features- basically the central clearing where the shelter used to be is now just empty. Pennel’s Vennel on the red was abandoned because of really bad windblow and replaced with Cool Runnings. The blue gained Berm Baby Berm a bit longer back, which is brilliant, but on the downside the upper end of the blue is getting pretty worn out.

Like brads says all the big changes have been on the official and unofficial offpistes. They’re mostly a bit harder- careless whisper is pretty approachable though if you’re a red route sort of group, and super easy to get to.

MrsToast
    Free Member

I’m a bit of a blue route lameo – I rode the red about 10 years ago, but I’ve lost a bit of confidence since then (or gained a bit of common sense, I came a bit of a cropper on Pennels Vennel!). I normally ride Spooky Wood though. Shame about the skills area – last time we went was the first year we’d seen the central area stripped, was hoping it was in a transitional phase!

I have no idea about the off-piste stuff, so I’ll be giving it a swerve as no-one wants to be the tourist that rides above their level splatters themselves on a cheeky trail! Especially as I’ll be riding alone (me and t’husband have to take it in turns).

It’s going to be ace though, I’d happily ride the blue every day (and probably will!)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Glentress’ is closed to new replies.