Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Glentress – 1 Night (Wild?) Camping With Van?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

As above, we’ll be heading up to Glentress in November by the look of it. Its going to be late and dark by the time we get there probably so is there anywhere we can just pull in and grab some kip thats out the way thats within a few miles of Peebles? We’ll be coming from the Selkirk direction probably…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve slept in the car park before after arriving after midnight, just bought a day ticket, parked in the corner and crawled into the back. got some funny looks from some erly arrivals the next morning sat in my sleeping bag frying up in the boot of a ford focus.

Also camped in the campsite next door arriving early evening and they’d shut the office so i pitched up intending to pay in the morning, there was still no one there by 8 so I left again.

So in answer to your question, yes, plenty.

mysterymove
    Free Member

Buzzards nest car park has always been OK with us…

Northwind

You can’t officially stop overnight in the FC carparks but loads of people do it. (just be careful in winter, sometimes they lock the road up if they think it’s unsafe due to icing etc! People have got stuck on the wrong side, trying to find a warden…)

Simon

Not the direction you’re coming from but there’s some lovely spots to wild camp on the road from Moffat to Innerleithen.

hot_fiat

Somewhere up near the golf course?

BoardinBob

Off topic, but I see the golf course have put up no parking signs on the wee bit of land at the entrance to the gate next to their proper car park. Anyone had any hassle parking there since?

goodgrief
    Free Member

If you head up a mile or two past the golf course there’s a few nice spots by the river.

phatstanley
    Free Member

If you head up a mile or two past the golf course there’s a few nice spots by the river.

this.

br
    Free Member

Just before you meet the Gala/Peebles road at the roundabout after Selkirk and Yair, take the left to Peel.

This road basically runs the otherside of the river to the main road. Loads of FC entrances you can park next to, follow it eventually and you come to Inners car park – probably ok there too.

onehundredthidiot

About 3 miles out of Selkirk you go round an ever lasting left hand bend in trees, on the left there are a couple of places.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Why has nobody suggested Thornielee?

scotroutes

Park at the wigwams.

There’s toilets and showers.
    Leave the van there while you are riding and you’ll save on parking charges. You could have a shower after riding too.

I don’t have the number handy but I can’t imagine it’ll be fully booked in November.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Glentress – 1 Night (Wild?) Camping With Van?’ is closed to new replies.