Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)
  • glenlivet….
  • the_lecht_rocks

Anyone else excited about cycletherapys development near tomintoul…..?

rj2dj
    Free Member

Is there any more info than on this link anywhere?
    http://www.northern-scot.co.uk/News/Work-starts-on-Tomintoul-mountain-bike-trails-10082012.htm

The inlaws live just outside Aberdeen so this could be an excellent reason to visit more often!

EDIT: To say, found this excellent link: http://www.glenlivetestate.co.uk/Mountainbiketrails.htm

Looks good!

kcal

http://cyletherapy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/november-glenlivet-update.html

got to be good I reckon, though (depending on point of view) just outside Aberdeen =/= Tomintoul 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rj2dj
    Free Member

Very true, but it’s only 58 miles – which when you’ve travelled 600 odd miles to get to Aberdeen in the first place, doesn’t seem that much extra!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Yes! Absolutely can’t wait for these to open! Not far from where we are living and judging by the chat the trails should be good.

the_lecht_rocks

Hope so, we are needing an all weather facility nearby….. And it could prove useful for tourism in the park…

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Another trail centre nearby! 🙂

Looking forward to trying it out next year.

the_lecht_rocks

Any further news on this….opening dates ??? Their Facebook page has no updates….

swavis

I was looking yesterday too. Also stalking Aviemoron’s twitter feed for updates 😆

the_lecht_rocks

swavis – whats exactly happening – are the trails finished and now awaiting facilities completion ???????????????

convert

I clocked news of this in the last week – even more reasons to visit my old mum!

the_lecht_rocks

looks as though they need to build a “hub” prior to the trails opening…………

JUST LET US RIDE THE TRAILS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😈

debaser

Very excited. I’m up in Moray a few times a year and even though there is plenty of good riding on offer already the area lacks the destination trail centre that the terrain deserves.

Stayed in Tomnintoul in March and took a little spin up Cairn Daimh in the snow. The hill has a lot of potential and the not yet open bits of trail I peaked over the tapes at looked great. Hopefully the build is getting back on track given the delays due to the weather.

the_lecht_rocks

Looks like an October opening………missed the best Summer in years though. 😯

matt_outandabout

Great, time to plan a visit…

And shame it hasn’t been opened for the nice weather.

scotroutes

That’s going to be perfect fatbiking this winter.

the_lecht_rocks

officially opens 2nd November folks 🙂

let’s hope it was worth the wait…………………….

swavis

It’ll be nice to have decent trail centre nearby, can’t wait. Won’t be there on opening day as it’s son #2’s birthday party but should make it the following day 😀

sniff
    Free Member

I guess it’ll roughen up over time……

cynic-al
    Free Member

Aren’t there good natural trails up there?

swavis

There are Al, but always nice to have a choice.

the_lecht_rocks

😆

jimmy

looks well built. Does it start / finish at the distillery? Now then…

Yetiman
    Free Member

It’s less than an hour from my house so I’m going to head across on Nov 3rd for a couple of loops of the red. Hopefully they’ll have a successful opening weekend.

the_lecht_rocks

it starts in the middle of nowhere, and you’ll need an incredible “nouse” to find it at the moment without signposting…..

however, it’s a right old fashioned pedal-fest….. you get nothing for nothing and the hill traverses require continuous pedalling, but it’s rewarding if you’re fit……..

linking the blue then the red equates to about 30km and takes a couple of hours or so and you will feel it in your legs as there’s about 3500 or so feet of climbing over the distance…..

APARRENTLY !!!!!

the_lecht_rocks

opening “officially” on Saturday folks………………….. 😛

Trekster

Heading up Fri night for the weekend
    http://www.glentorets.co.uk/contacts.html

VanMan
    Free Member

Yay been waiting for this, are there signposts up now? Last time I was in the area I couldn’t locate it 🙁 ended up riding from Braemar instead so not all bad!

scotroutes
    VanMan
    Free Member

Thanks! Hadn’t checked the website for a while so didn’t know it had been updated 😳

No wonder I didn’t find the entrance I was looking for it on the B9136 🙄

Trekster

Who’s all going then?
    Earlyish start, back to cafe for lunch with MrsT and then either a walk or bit of sightseeing around the area
    Me on an auld Kona Dawg(that brown colour!)….. 🙂

Trail map is up on Facebook page, available at cafe. Looks like a Stanes style…..

https://www.facebook.com/GlenlivetMountainBikeTrailCentre

swavis

Can’t decide whether to leave it and go next weekend, might be a bit quieter 😉

scotroutes

Working Saturday. I was planning to pop up midweek. I might actually cycle over.

Trekster

Can’t decide whether to leave it and go next weekend, might be a bit quieter

Not seen much excitement on other forums ❓

Is there a big local scene up there?

kcal

swavis, you need to cycle there. Free coffee and cake for those that cycle there apparently (*)

Speyside Way to Cardhu, hop over A95, sorted.
    Or via Ben Rinnes 🙂

* probably not true

swavis

I might actually cycle over.

I’ve been told not to be soft and do this too 😆

There’s enough of a scene to make it fairly busy I reckon. Look at Laggan, middle of nowhere and the cafe was mobbed at the weekends to begin with.

scotroutes

Surely no excuse for you to drive there! Can you zip along the SSW or just take in Ben Rinnes en route? 😆

swavis

Conval with added Morton’s Way and via Suie would be the more challenging route 😉

kcal

🙂

scotroutes, your route is clear — Braes of Abernethy and E from Dorback, sorted.

scotroutes

Aye – that’s the one. Dorback – Tomintoul and straight up to the summit of Carn Daimh!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘glenlivet….’ is closed to new replies.