Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • Glencoe avalanche – fatalities
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Truly tragic news. My condolences to all those whom it has touched.

🙁

munrobiker
    Free Member

http://www.justgiving.com/Luke-Bradley

Just set this up for next weekend. We owe Glencoe Mountain Rescue a lot at the moment. Anything you can give would be greatly appreciated.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Donated. X

bland

Absolutely devastating news!

Its reasons for what you read that you avoid it, 4 times i looked at this and didnt want to open it, so young and so happy, what a terrible thing to happen.

Condolences to all friends and family, my thoughts are with you!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Everyone’s generosity has been astounding- you’ve already helped raise £500 before midnight. I’m sure this will mean a lot to the victim’s families.

Northwind

Good idea for the fundraising- here’s to never needing to use it!

whattyre
    Free Member

Donated….rip and condolences…

timidwheeler

Respect and condolences.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Thanks to everyone for their generous donations.
    As someone who has had need of mountain rescue and the chopper before, I’m sure Chris would be very grateful for you support

After some over-adventurous riding

bullheart
    Free Member

Done.

Best of luck gents.

Godspeed.

jamj1974

Thoughts are with you all who have lost friends.

J

imnotamused
    Free Member

Tragic event. Donated.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Very sad, just to reiterate what was said on P1, based on the SAIS info on Sat, it was definitely a day to be out on the mountains and certainly I would have been, with no more than considering the av. info in my route plan. there are no absolutes tho and it appears this has been one of those rare tragedies.
    Good cause, donated.

trail_rat
    Free Member

man. i just sat in the car in the carpark just about in tears when his name was read out on the news this morning , It still hasnt sunk in that he is gone.

the last thing he said to me was “you’ve sold out man” and i said “dont worry ill be back to race you again one day once ive got out of the field”

donated as well luke.

NZCol

Really sorry to read this. Condolences to all concerned. Very sobering.

MS
    Free Member

Donated Luke. See you at the puffer

lowey

Terrible news. Thinking of all you guys.

swavis

Condolences guys 🙁

I’ll hopefully see you at the ‘Puffer

The-remedy
    Free Member

Donated
    Even though i don’t know the people who lost there lives
    it bring tears to my eyes reading this.
    It’s amazing the power of stw when something like this
    happens and we all club together.

My thoughts are with friends and family.

carl

zokes
    Free Member

Donated. Thoughts with all touched by this.

nbt

I’ll have a shufty through my HTN photos from 2008 too to see if I can find anything

mrnmissespanda

Condolences to all

Panda

ryreed
    Free Member

Truly a tragedy…so sad. Having lost my younger brother in an accident this Christmas I know that when people so young lose their lives that there is nothing that can make sense of the loss. My thoughts are with those who have lost their loved ones. Take care of each other.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Sincerest condolences to all who have lost friends or family.

jameso

Sad to see this on the news last night, thoughts are with all those close to the adventurous souls caught out in a wonderful place at the wrong time.
    MR fund supported.

Aristotle
    Free Member

Very sad to hear about this.

It brought back the memories. I was (peripherally) involved in an incident when somebody fell a long way from the top of the same mountain a few years ago. The casualty thankfully survived and recovered from that incident.

gazza100

Worthy cause. Donated.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Donated. Worthy cause; shame about the circumstances.

Off topic but Aristotle – Did you go to Durham Uni? If so I suspect we’re thinking of the same person.

gravitysucks
    Free Member
    thegreatape
    Free Member

Sincere condolences to those who were friends with these guys. Just horribly bad luck on Saturday.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think Chris’ father gave an interview on 5Live Drive this evening. I only caught the very tail end. But lots of people contacted the show to say what a fine piece it was. Really sorry if I got the wrong man. Might be nice for some of the STWers to have a listen. I’m sure it’ll be on iPlayer somewhere.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

I just wanted to add a heartfelt thank you to all the people from STW who have donated to the Glencoe MRT – donations have hit over £7000 which I am sure will be a massive help to them.

I also want to thank Luke for organising this collection. He may not be perfect ( 😉 ) but he really is a top bloke. Luke, you often came up in conversations between myself and chris, it was always clear how much respect he had for you. he was a fan of yours.

thanks luke, best of luck this weekend.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Indeed, the interview with Chris’ father is on iPlayer. It’s at 2.17.30 on 5live drive (sorry, can’t link from phone). It’s a nice interview, albeit quite sad, but his dad says some lovely stuff.

EDIT: And sorry again HM, you must be gutted today fella.

NZCol

I listened to that interview this AM as i ate my breakfast. Wife arrived to find me in a very dusty room. Incredibly brave and yet inspiring words from a man that has lost his son. Accidents happen but when it’s people you know and love its altogether different.

munrobiker
    Free Member

All,

Chris has just raised £10,000 including the gift aid contribution.

Thank you so much.

Our friend Sam says that it’s a “humbling display of compassion and generosity. Fantastic work everyone.”

bigjim

wow!

martinxyz
    Free Member

I’m just going to start the ball rolling for the next £10k.. I reckon £20k is in sight.

whattyre
    Free Member

thats awesome…that will make a massive difference to the mrt’s involved.what a legacy!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

An incredible amount for an incredible man.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Glencoe avalanche – fatalities’ is closed to new replies.