Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 123 total)
  • Glencoe avalanche – fatalities
  • andylaightscat
    Free Member

HM,had a call too 🙁 I’ll be thinking of the fun,good times that were had.

psling
    Free Member

Terrible news about young people out there doing what a lot of us on here do / aspire to do – in the great outdoors enjoying ourselves. Thoughts are with you Luke & HM (and others on here that know them) and condolences to their close ones and families.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Sorry to hear the terrible news, if it is any crumb of comfort, they dies doing something that they loved. Thought will all.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just echoing sentiments. Sorry to our scotchish contingent who have lost someone who is clearly a close friend. Hope you can all get through the next period in one piece. Look after one another guys. 🙁

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Always sorry to hear about any death under such tragic circumstances. For those that knew the climbers personally don’t be afraid to lean on friends and family for support if you need it.

Deepest sympathies to all those affected.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Condolences to their friends and families, very sad news 🙁

Houns

Big hugs to you all 🙁

nbt

Very sobering news, all the more so when it’s one of the community. virtual hugs all round, I shall raise a wee dram in memory later

anagallis_arvensis

Always hate reading stuff like this deepest sympathies all round

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Much like MB and HM, great friend in one of them and knew another. Was a terrible phone call to get this morning. Thoughts to the families.

athgray
    Free Member

Condolances to all concerned. Always saddening and sobering to hear news like this.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Hugs luke, Oli & Tom. He was such a lovely person. Always fun to be with and kind to me and the kids at all the races ans events we were at together. Very very sad. Xx

trail_rat
    Free Member

I am propper gutted , we had some great races and great memories together we were always neck and neck ,

He was loving life over on the west coast iving it to the every day to its full getting involved in all the sports and outdoors activitys open to him over there.

He didnt deserve this. 🙁

munrobiker
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-21106340

Now on the BBC website. I’ve had to read the name several times just to actually believe it.

An amazing friend who will be missed enormously and an exceptional talent on the bike, but more importantly an exceptional human being.

seba560
    Free Member

Thoughts with all touched by this tragedy.

RustySpanner

Sympathy and condolences to everyone concerned.

Even though we know and understand the risks involved, it never makes the loss any easier.

Thoughts are with family and friends.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Really sad news, painfully young climbers with everything to look forward to.

munrobiker – Member
    Sad news- one of the men killed is a member of this forum

What user name did he post under? We know many characters on here only by their user names.

Bunnyhop

To all concerned, so sorry to hear of your loss.

Houns

Oh was that him?!

:0( hugs to you all

Drac

Very sad news thoughts to all family and friends.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Terrible news and heartfelt sympathy to all those affected.

I lost two friends in a climbing accident on the Ben 21 years ago. It’s important to draw strength from one another and to grieve well; cry for them but also cherish what they brought to your lives.

big_scot_nanny

Ach, dreadful thing to happen. Just dreadful. Love to all affected from the clan here.

Kev

whatnobeer
    Free Member

No words 🙁

ojom
    Free Member

L, O and T – sorry for you x

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i hope people don’t mind me posting an image of my best mate chris. one of the best riders i know and quite possibly the nicest guy on earth.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RIP chris.

It goes without saying that Busty and his girlfriend (who’s name has not yet been released) will be sorely missed too – RIP guys.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Love it tom , that image portrays chris personality perfectly.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Start a new thread for him Tom. When you are ready, obviously.

Look at him in that photo, what a legend.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Condolences to all affected. Terrible news

richpips
    Free Member

Sad news, I’ve have lost a few friends in climbing accidents over the years, and most of them far too young like those here.

Awful.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Go Chris!!! Pull a weeeeeeeelie 🙂
    Happy times. That’s him in a nutshell. Thanks for posting it, Tom.
    Let’s all give it all we can in his honour.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Richpips- out of interest do you have any photos from Hit The North 2008, the first one? Chris and I won the pairs and I’d love to give a photo to his parents and to have on my mantlepiece but can’t find any anywhere. I know you were there.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Truly sorry to hear this fellas.. I guess, the only positive is they died doing what they loved.. Oh, & Luke, I think I have photos of you guys somewhere.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Teeto- if you could pimm me on facebook or the other channel that’d be appreciated.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ok fella. Will do.

richpips
    Free Member

munrobiker, just had a quick scan, I think I may have a pic let me have your email.

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s lleebb76 at googlemail dot com. Thanks so much.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I love that pic of Chris – he had just come storming past me on an absolute flyer of a lap. Days like that to remember.

Such a great guy will be missed sorely. What a tragedy.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

🙁

richpips
    Free Member

Chris Bell at HtN 2008.

R0011835 by RichSeipp, on Flickr

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Glencoe avalanche – fatalities’ is closed to new replies.