Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Glen Finglas
  • Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Possibly doing this one next week – is the main loop done clockwise or anticlockwise for best benefit? Thanks

chickenman

Anti-clockwise is better.

matt_outandabout

Anti-clockwise, tis a long pootle up then mega steep, then pootle along top – and the descent seems to go on and on and on and on that way….

tomd
    Free Member

+ 1 for anticlockwise. I enjoyed the ride, nothing technical but a good climb, great views and the descent is scary fast. You can see along way North and South from the high point which is great. It’s very exposed for a good part of the ride, hope the weather improves for you!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

We used to ride it as part of a longer loop. Starting at the Brig O’ Turk and riding out around Loch Venacher towards Callander, then picking up the bike path up to Loch Lubnaig to Balquidder, there was a bit of a hike a bike up to the Glen Finglass watershed, then we’d ride the anti clockwise half back to the Brig O’Turk. It’s probably twenty years since I last rode it but it made a good loop.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Thanks guys – that’s what I suspected but a review went the other way so thought I’d check.

matt_outandabout

bit of a hike a bike up to the Glen Finglass watershed

Bit? Maybe it was particularly wet underfoot, bit Glen Buckie has been a bog fest everytime I have walked or biked it (5x now). Best day:

Where did the singletrack go? by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Glen Finglas’ is closed to new replies.