Glastonbury well Pilton…any good trails nearby?

Home Forum Chat Forum Glastonbury well Pilton…any good trails nearby?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Glastonbury well Pilton…any good trails nearby?
  • brack

I am working at Glastonbury this year.

In between bands that I want to see and work I wouldn’t mind sorting some fitness out as well.

Any good trails near the site ?

Any local riders?

Premier Icon iain1775
    Subscriber

Not really that I know of
    Wife’s family live in Bruton, not far away, her sister in law is from Pilton and her brothers live in Glasto itself
    I’ve never seen any real need to take bike down when we go visit, few bridleways but seem difficult to link into a ride and its a bit uninspiring, flattish farmland type terrain
    Mendips isn’t far away and plenty of riding round there, but its a short drive away and I suspect you would struggle getting in and out of site and its too far to ride too directly from Pilton

Not much in the way of BWs near Pilton. And around Glasto’s pan-flat. Nearby, maybe head over to Batcombe and Bruton? Few nice bits and bobs you can string together.

Bit of a trek, but head to the Mendips. Or Alfreds Tower woods.

If you have a car, Mendips from Burrington Combe . You could cycle over on quiet roads but it would take a while. There are bits and bobs around Wells but you’d need to be shown.

Edric 64

Pop over to Burrington Combe its not far by car but well over an hour on an mtb

Premier Icon cardo
    Subscriber

If you really like downhill , there’s always the Tor ! 😀

llama

surely you can find something else to do on site? surely? I’ve heard there is quite alot to do there.

or are you talking after everyone has gone home

markyboy

leave the bike at home and enjoy the festival.all the walking about will keep you fit! 🙂

Edric 64

It`s quite a way from the Pilton Pop festival to Glastonbury Tor

Premier Icon cardo
    Subscriber

Pilton Pop festival

😀

Edric 64

When we were kids it was always “are you going to Pilton this year?”

Premier Icon wallop
    Subscriber

I don’t think I would be leaving an unattended bike anywhere at Glastonbury!

yossarian

just get off your nut and dance all weekend

noteeth

It will be too muddy for riding.* 😈

(*I’m just jealous… not going this year).

CountZero

Once you get to Glastonbury, there’s cycle paths that cross Shapwick Heath, but it’s flatter than a very flat thing. Great for watching birds, or otters, if you’re lucky, but owt else. Stick with the festival.

Edric 64

That path is flatter than that !!

brack

Hmmm might still take the bike and explore..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Glastonbury well Pilton…any good trails nearby?’ is closed to new replies.