Viewing 28 posts - 121 through 148 (of 148 total)
  • Glastonbury coverage thread
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

You can be as music snobby as ya like, but Coldplay is where’s it’s at! 8)

colp

I saw cellist first.

Oye! I think you’ll find first post in the thread is officially considered the “bagsy”

convert

Watching and enjoying this Coldplay set – out and proud!

vongassit
    Free Member

Loving the wrist bands , remote control?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Polly Jean finally up on BBC iplayer. Weekend complete.

fettlin

Guilty pleasure watching Coldplay as well

Rockape63
    Free Member

Yeah wrist bands are amazing!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Real nice touch from Coldplay re viola beach. Likes.

fettlin

After an ’emotional’ weekend that’s made me smile! Bit dusty in here, playing Viola Beach.

dallas95
    Free Member

Coldplay doing the pyramid headline act slot proud. Classy touch with the Viola Beach segment too.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Barry Gibb….great to see him! Sky full of stars top quality stuff.

Great Sunday night stuff!

chakaping
    Free Member

Earth wind and fire were flipping awesome.

sharkbait
    Free Member

…. Michael Eavis – excellent (better than Barry Gibb)!

What a great set.

fionap

LCD playing a storming final set on the Other Stage. I pity anyone who’s watching Coldplay instead.

dallas95
    Free Member

Got LCD on red button now as coldplay finished. Best of both worlds 🙂

pondo

Excuse the profanity but I don’t give a **** what anyone else thinks, Coldplay were just sensational. 🙂

Candodavid
    Free Member

Friend was at Coldplay. She said it was mindblowingly good

ocrider

Coldplay are actually brilliant but you need to find the “sweet spot” on your chosen player…

It’s somewhere between the Zero and Mute levels on the volume control….*

*unashamedly stolen from someone else

somafunk

I’m happy, just found Chvrches set on Iplayer 🙂

llama

Just got back. Mrs and eldest said Coldplay were good. Did lcd soundsystem instead though, who were outstanding. As for the rest, new order, John grant, and St ettienne were the highlights.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Ratboy was the surprise hit for me. Impressed.

grtdkad

Chvrches were great – but a fan already (tho’ I’m guessing I’m not their target audience).

Just got New Order on now, too early to tell but have Mr Hook down as one of the great bassists.

Coldplay/Viola Beach tribute was stunning and emotional – on here : https://youtu.be/vZLEcuG6Gik

CountZero

When and why did ELO become Jeff Lynne’S ELO? Is there another splinter ELO?

Possibly about the same time Jethro Tull became Ian Anderson’s Jethro Tull; there have been so many different members come and gone there’s really only the main man left, most of the people in Tull have played with the band at various times over the years, but not really together. Makes a lot of sense.
    Didn’t watch anything over the weekend, but I’ve downloaded a bunch of the full sets from the Beeb’s coverage via the iPlayer on Sky, watched all of James so far, now watching Sigur Rós, will be watching ZZTop, John Grant, Last Shadow Puppets, Daughter and anything else that takes my fancy over the next few days.
    I must say the sound is pretty good over my A/V system.

rmacattack
    Free Member

been checking out the i player after the live n tv stuff. so far , foals , mo, wolf alice, underworld and mac de marco have been good.

CountZero

Watching Wolf Alice now, most enjoyable set so far! Dunno what the guitarist did to his hand to bleed all over the place like that, but they’re a great band.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Enjoyed most of what I watched, tho PJ Harvey’s dark and somewhat dour set felt like a national funeral march! Intended?

Hmm, what else? M83? Sexy singers and hugely cosmic stadiumism!! New Order I enjoyed more than expected (grew up with that stuff like more than a few of us) – ‘Temptation’ was just ace.

Most replayed for me since has been White Denim. ‘Bess St/Shake Shake Shake’ especially awesome. If you haven’t checked out their performance yet give it a go even if just the last 8 minutes.

I’ve seen Beck live a few times but this weekend it felt that he was just showing up? :/

So much more to catchup, seems like Wolf Alice is popular hereabouts? Will give them a listen cheers

_tom_
    Free Member

The only bit I saw was some of Earth Wind and Fire and was wondering why they werent on the main stage. Superior in every way to coldplay. God I despise that band!

rmacattack
    Free Member

just finished ‘fat boy slim ‘. great set, full of energy, visuals and tunes.the tent was going mad. if to be critic odd 1 or 2 parts of mixing was just using the cross fade. didnt affect it much, very enjoyable none the less.

Viewing 28 posts - 121 through 148 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Glastonbury coverage thread’ is closed to new replies.