Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 326 total)
  • Glastonbury 2014
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

An all-encompassing thread?

Have to say, while there was no chance I’d be going this year, when I read the line-ups, it was the first year in a while I wasn’t disappointed – none of the headliners were doing much for me. Who are you gutted to be missing? Would you go and see Dolly?

Currently enjoying Rudimental’s set. The crowd is certainly enjoying it. Ed Shearon’s guest slot worked well I thought.
    Saw a bit of Elbow, but while I appreciate they’re talented and Guy is a top bloke, they just don’t do it for me. I’m glad they’ve found greater success later in their career though. They’d been plugging away for years. I thought Lily Allen was a bit shit too.

somafunk

Chvrches were great but that’s nae surprise, very talented/experienced synth players and Lauren is an unassuming honey of a lead vocalist, now enjoying Lykke Li immensely but i dunno if my neighbours will be impressed as the KRK subwoofer is making my pint bounce across the desk in front of me.

tenfoot

Just been watching Elbow. I thought they did ok. Would have liked to see more stuff from the new album though.

Saw Haim earlier and chuckled at Este Haim’s “Bassface”. They sounded good live.

Definitely haven’t seen Paulo Nutella or Lily Allen though (true story – her Dad nearly ran me over at Glastonbury in 97 driving a Land Rover at a brisk pace)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tenfoot

Somafunk – what you watching Lykke Li on?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just watching Chvrches now. They are flipping good aren’t they? The tent is a perfect spot for them.

tenfoot

Ah – just found her

somafunk

Go to BBC iPlayer here and click on Glastonbury 2014 and choose whatever live stream you wish, i’m stuck on the John Peel Stage……

EDIT : forget the above then and just turn it up 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to the outrage that “This Metallica band sound NOTHING like Mumford and Sons!”.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Two shit bands mentioned in one post Flashy. Well done you.

rjj
    Free Member

Chvrches are ace

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Elbow agreed, heard it enough now.

Rudimental where good.

Now watching a young 4 peice beat combo…. Wild beast.

I’ll soon be turning them off

northernmatt

Highlights show on bbc2 consists of Whiley and Radcliffe standing about looking smug with some music and banal features on camping thrown in. Also, who/what the hell is Gemma Cairney?

somafunk

Hat’s off to the BBC for providing this level of coverage, the bandwidth is streaming consistently at 2096kbps so well done.

And Lykke Li is bloody good ain’t she?.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Was just about to say l’m giving wild beast a second chance…. then one of them started playing his guitar with a cello bow.

@#$&ers

tenfoot

I gave up trying to stream Lykke Li. My broadband is crap. Currently enjoying Chvrches on the red button.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Whiley and Radcliffe

A combination carefully programmed to have me reaching for the remote.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Online is probably the best way to get a good selection. As somafunk says, the streaming from the Beeb is superb.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Where were chvrches on!? Do I not have the same channels as everyone else??! 🙁

tenfoot

Chvrches were on red button, BBC 2. Just tried streaming again, and it seems to have picked up, for me now.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Online is probably the best way to get a good selection. As somafunk says, the streaming from the Beeb is superb.

True that, I only reached for the remote to switch to iPlayer on chromecast.

northernmatt

Ooh, just found Rodrigo y Gabriela on red button, only one song though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is there anywhere on the high street I can get me one of those? I might bloody go and get one tomorrow for this very reason. Having a boys night in tomorrow while mrs deadly’s away and it might come in useful. 🙂

EDIT: One of those being a chromecast

johndoh
    Free Member

Why aren’t Interpol on the stage iPlayer says they are on though 🙁

Will have to wait for Kaiser Chiefs.

Currently trying to convince my wife that we should take our kids next time…

toppers3933
    Free Member

Enjoying it so far. Chvrches were great. I enjoyed elbow too. What annoys me is they always open with one if their weaker songs. So you start off totally underwhelmed, even as a fan.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Is there anywhere on the high street I can get me one of those?

I have no idea, I ordered one online whilst ratarsed and knew nothing about it until I came home to watch my other half watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer via Netflix.

somafunk

Just had a call from a mate who’s dealing wi the sound on the John Peel stage as he took a breather from Lykke Li’s set, i’ve never heard him so excited and out of breath, he’s usually quite reserved but all i heard was “blah…blah….blah….**** hell……amazing……..blah…..best gig……,you’ve **** missed out big…..”, don’t ya just love those sort of phone calls from mates at festivals? 😀 , i’ve honestly never heard him so keyed up.

tenfoot

Enjoying it so far. Chvrches were great. I enjoyed elbow too. What annoys me is they always open with one if their weaker songs

Yeah, but if I hear One Day Like This one more time, I’ll probably top myself.

toppers3933
    Free Member

+1. It’s the only **** elbow song I ever hear on the radio. They’ve so many other excellent songs.

bigblackshed

The West Holt stage was on streaming earlier, then doesn’t come up again after the power cut. Was looking forward to seeing Vintage Trouble.

Nowt else has caught my ear yet.

tenfoot

Saw the last three songs from Lykke Li. Impressed. Was thinking about buying her new album, based on No Rest For The Wicked, so that’s that sorted.

Harry_the_Spider

Went 6 times in the 90s. Still get “The Pangs” when I see it on TV.

Good to see the Wolves flag front right at the pyramid.

tenfoot

I was thinking about that Wolves flag earlier.I wonder if has been passed down or whether it’s the same people. It’s always on the main stage, every year, in the same approximate area of the crowd. Incredible.

johndoh
    Free Member

Just had a call from a mate who’s dealing wi the sound on the John Peel stage as he took a breather from Lykke Li’s set, i’ve never heard him so excited and out of breath, he’s usually quite reserved but all i heard was “blah…blah….blah….**** hell……amazing……..blah…..best gig……,you’ve **** missed out big…..”, don’t ya just love those sort of phone calls from mates at festivals? , i’ve honestly never heard him so keyed up.

He’s scored some shit then.

DezB
    Free Member

Only thing worse than seeing a live band while stood in a field, is seeing a live band in a field on telly!
    Much rather be in a smelly, dingy little venue.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh bore off Debz. 🙂

northernmatt

Much rather be in a smelly, dingy little venue.

So watch it on iPlayer on yer phone while yer on the bog, job done.

somafunk

johndoh…i seriously doubt it…he takes his work so seriously that the idea of such a thing is so far out of the question that it’s not even worth considering, however saying that when he’s not working he has been known to……….. 😉

Right ….what else to watch as i’m not watching the **** kaiser chiefs…wtf are they doing on the john peel stage? – that **** was on x-factor and i’m not watching a band like the kaiser chiefs they should be playing at a village carnival somewhere.

EDIT : M.I.A it is on the West Holt stage

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So watch it on iPlayer on yer phone while yer on the bog in your living room, job done.

tenfoot

The West Holt stage was on streaming earlier, then doesn’t come up again after the power cut. Was looking forward to seeing Vintage Trouble.

Currently watching MIA on West Holt

bigblackshed

Well that means I missed the only band I wanted to see on Friday. Bugger.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 326 total)

The topic ‘Glastonbury 2014’ is closed to new replies.