Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • glasses – what are yellow & orange lenses for
  • ed34
    Free Member

Just got myself a pair of multi lens glasses.

TBH i only really wanted clear and dark tinted, but they were a bargain and came with yellow & orange as well. So as i’ve now got these extra colours, when are they meant to be used… i’m guessing overcast days or something, but whats the scientific (or marketing!) explanation for yellow or orange?

Houns

For over cast/rainy days. Makes everything brighter

parkesie
    Free Member

low light sharpens things up a tad.

paperbackwriter
    Free Member

Both improve contrast, yellow is best for foggy conditions but is v bright in sunlight (too bright for me), orange is a great all-rounder. I always use orange by default these days & would only reach for “normal” dark lenses in constant bright sunlight – so hardly ever.

Try them each for a ride or 2 and see how you like them.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Yellow and orange lenses increase contrast and make it easier to recognise movement and appreciate depth of field in lower light environments.

I tend to wear persimmon lenses as my default unless its a properly bright day.

project
    Free Member

Yellow lens are great in the woods, really lighten up things.

aracer
    Free Member

Going outside biking, orange or yellow lenses are extremely useful when skiing on overcast days due to the improvement in contrast.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘glasses – what are yellow & orange lenses for’ is closed to new replies.