Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Glasses that give good wind protection. Not goggles
  • shedbrewed
    Free Member

Any suggestions please? Clear lenses fine.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

All about fit, really. So, without knowing the exact shape of your face and nose…

FWIW, Radar EV are brilliant. On my face!

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I got some free Trend safety glasses from the builders merchants when I bought some other Trend ppe.

Best clear cycling glasses I’ve ever used.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Understandable. Currently wear Oakley flak 2.0 XL.
    So a narrow head.
    Glasses fit well but I think bigger lenses would reduce wind around the sides.

ta11pau1

Something like an Oakley Jawbreaker then, much bigger with more protection.

easily
    Free Member

Keep your eye on these: https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLCAEQ/carnac-equipe-photochromic-sunglasses
    They are good for keeping the wind out, and they’re photochromic, so ok to use on dulldays.
    The reason I say ‘keep your eye on them’ rather than ‘buy them’ is they’re going through the usual Planet X price hurricane. I bought them at £45, then they went up to £55 for a ‘sale’, then they were £70 but had ‘50% off’ for Black Friday, now they’re £100.
    If they return to under £50 I’d recommend them. Very comfortable, the lens covers your entire field of vision so no blind spots, good to use on dull or sunny days, keeps the wind out. At the current price I’d suggest that Planet X are having a laugh.
    I’ve been checking the price as I lost mine when I had a crash. I’d buy again, but not at the moment.

windyg
    Free Member

Ekoi Sun Option

martymac

I wear oakley radars (not EV) and they fit me perfectly, but as noted above, it’s all about fit.

ads678

Oakley Jawbreakers here, they’re bloody great. Road, mtb, or running!

nixie

I’ve always been wedded to Oakley’s in the past. However tried a set of the bargain tkmaxx Adidas evil eyes and they are much better for wind and crap than any of the Oakley’s I’ve got. With the Oakley’s I used most at speed I was getting and annoying air stream in my eyes, this does not happen with the evil eyes.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Smith Wildcats.

Basically a goggle with glasses arms on.

They are massive & work really well, do look a bit spesh though.

plus-one

Carnac Feldman £20 Planet X are great I’ve 2 pairs

tall_martin

I’ve got some smith attack ones with interchangeable lenses.

Massive

No wind in eyes

The best anti fog I’ve used.

They came with a clear, rose and dark lenses. The rose is ace on the road.

I snapped an arm and it was cheaper to get a second hand set than replace one arm.

Recommended, but not at full price!

nedrapier

Are more expensive lenses more scratch resistant? I’d wear mine to keep mud out of my eyes so theyre going to see more crap than a pair of sunglasses. The cheap clear pair I’ve had aren’t too nice to look through any more, and I’ve not used them much – FWE jobs from Evans.

I don’t mind spending more, but obviously I don’t want to spend 5 times as much to get a pair that’s going only going to last twice as long before it’s past it.

Where’s the sweet spot, price wise?

martymac

Id say if you’re getting mud splattered up regularly, buy relatively cheap and replace when you notice they’re past their best.
    Expensive lenses aren’t significantly more scratch resistant ime.

sharkattack

Obvious choice- Oakley Medusa

oikeith

My jawbreakers are good for keeping the wind out of my eyes, wind chill when descending not so much, I get teary eyed.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Glasses that give good wind protection. Not goggles’ is closed to new replies.