Glasses for reading,

Home Forum Chat Forum Glasses for reading,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Glasses for reading,
  • TandemJeremy

I have supermarket ones – get the weakest that work for you.

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

Speaking from experience, after using Specsavers for a few years, things literally became a lot clearer after I found a proper Optician. 🙂

john_drummer

I understand Dolland & Aitchison and Boots are now one and the same

I used to go to Optical Express for my contacts & specs; I now have over a year’s supply of contacts so I cancelled my membership there, no point paying £12 a month for more than I need. I will go back there when I need some more contacts, but in the meantime I’ll be ok. Had the bi-annual checkup earlier this year so no rush healthwise

<edit> but I’m short sighted, not long-sighted, so need my specs/contacts for distance work, not for reading </edit>

project

Well it seems as if ive left puberty and now may need glases to read singletrack Mag, So i was wondering if all optiascians are the same, eg Boots, dolland and someone, and spec savers etc, or an independant, or a pair from the supermarket,also can you wear your eyes out, by to much reading, seem to remember being told that when i was kid.

the hustler

I have supermarket ones – get the weakest that work for you.

Dont do this

the chances of then being correct for you are very slim,and they only do + prescriptions this may not be what you need, als the PD’s of these can be all over the place so can actually cause eye strain, if you dont want to believe someone who works in the industry google which magazines test on them, the outcome was not good…….

Do if you want to get you prescription and shop around, but get proper glasses as prescribed, the above attitude still amazes me as you only have 1 set of eyes and they really are kinda important

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Glasses for reading,’ is closed to new replies.