Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Glasgow Stag Do – Wheelchair friendly?
  • kevin1911

To my eternal honour (and surprise) I’ve been asked to be best man for a mate. Need to organise a stag do in Glasgow – probably just a single day. We were planning on Clockwork Orange (pub crawl via the Subway), but one of the lads is in a wheelchair and it turns out that the Subway is pretty unfriendly for wheelchair users.

I’d like to avoid just doing pub-and-curry. Would be good to do something memorable. Any thoughts/suggestions?

kevin1911

Anyone?

sniff
    Free Member

Everyone chips in a few quid to let the wheelchair user and a buddie get a cab between stations? There are loads if hackneys which will be suitable.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    seadog101

Turn the wheelchair into an 18th century style sedan chair and all dress like beau brummel?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

As above, do the subcrawl in taxis, it’s a pretty small city, so it won’t cost much. You could probably get a taxi co to give you the same taxi all day.

cbike
    Free Member

Don’t use G1 Venues. My pal had to sue them for disabled access discrimination.

kevin1911

Thanks all

BoardinBob

https://www.list.co.uk/ for details of things happening in Glasgow.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My pal had to sue them for disabled access discrimination

Why did your pal have to sue them? I can think of loads of bars and eateries in Glasgow where wheelchair access is just not really possible – all the sub ground level bars below Georgian terrace buildings on Bath st. frinstance.

squirrelking
    Free Member

None of which are G1 venues, considering the gigs they host in the Catty and Garage you would think they would have their shit together. World class arseholes besides that, thrown out the Garage for literally nothing more times than I care to remember.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Never said they were, merely pointing out that wheelchair access in an old city is not always a reality.

BoardinBob

If it’s the same case, then it was pretty well known at the time

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/278758-robert-and-nathan-gale-win-discrimination-case-against-g1-group/

BoardinBob

thrown out the Garage for literally nothing more times than I care to remember.

You couldn’t throw me IN the garage.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Glasgow Stag Do – Wheelchair friendly?’ is closed to new replies.