Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Glasgow curry house
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Anyone got a good recommendation for a curry house in the centre of Glasgow?

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Mother India, Sauchiehall Street.

/thread.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

The Dhabba in the merchant city is good IMO.

In the west end you have Balbirs and Mother India/Mother India Cafe which are great.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Bushwacked
    Free Member

Oooh, my hotel is just round the corner.

althepal

Kama sutra on Sauchiehall Street isn’t bad. Bombay Blue on hope street does a very good buffet, any of the wee curry shops are good- think there’s one just at the back of Cowcaddens/Garnethill. Balbirs is very good too but the only one I know is in the west end.
    Sure there’s plenty of others though!

leeph
    Free Member

Another for Mother India…..top curry house

BoardinBob

Dhabba

bruk

Dhabba was a fantastic find last time I was up in Glasgow.

Mother India was a favourite years ago but the Dhabba was just a bit different from the usual curry place.

freeagent
    Free Member

I’ve eaten a lot of curry in Glasgow, and i’d say Mother India.
    mid-week you shouldn’t need to book.
    Probably the finest Indian meal i’ve had anywhere.

Otherwise
    http://www.ashokarestaurants.com
    on Ashton Lane is pretty nice.

Or Kama sutra on Sauchiehall Street isn’t bad.

BrickMan

Mother India opposite kelvinhall museum is one of the best I have been t in the country PERIOD. Most days there is a que out of the door for takeaway and sit-in, even when its raining, cos its that damn good.

If you want to sit inside and wait, then Chilli’s on Woodland’s is also good, their peshwari naan is the best I’ve ever had.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Korma sutra was bland as owt when i went ….. Bcause mother india was full…..

iainc

A lot of votes here for mother India and dhabba, both excellent, however my 30 yrs of eating Glasgow curries will direct you to balbirs on church St…..simply the best… IMHO 🙂

plumber
    Free Member

Mother India is the only one I’ve been to and it was recommended. Not bad at all surprisingly

peterfile
    Free Member

Mother India is but a short walk through the park from my house. I eat there often for good reason, it’s bloody brilliant 🙂

turbo1397
    Free Member

Yip.. another one here for mother india..:)

robdixon
    Free Member

which ones is best for actually getting the meat you ordered and paid for?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/1-3-curries-fake-restaurants-1754087

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I would agree with most of the above. I would add the shish mahal, was my local for years.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Robdixon, that link is from the daily retard! And thus renders it complete bollocks. For suvverners fortunate enough to never have encountered the retard, it’s even more cringeworthy than the daily mail.

dh
    Free Member

Balbirs tandoori salmon is the nuts. But this place is also v good, and 5mins from Balbirs if you are feeling very chubby

Doha house

collinstiffee
    Free Member

I have a soft spot for the Spice Garden just across the Clyde off Bridge St. Do a fantastic Lamb Bhoona.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Glasgow curry house’ is closed to new replies.