Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 136 total)
  • Giving Iran a slap
  • steffybhoy
    Free Member

Oil oil oil, Iran’s power will toil.
    America waging war shocker, and britain being dragged in again by our elected politicians..

soobalias
    Free Member

if you wanna look at it like that, everyone dies for nothing really

kennyp
    Free Member

why is it that we seem to have been at war pretty much since i can remember, yet the only time the uk has actually been attacked was when 4 lads from leeds/bradford blew themselves up on the tube

Does that not rather suggest the wars have been succesful then?

I regard it as my government’s duty to protect me. If taking out the nuclear weapons of a rogue state is the way to do it, then fair enough. I don’t have a problem with that.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Does that not rather suggest the wars have been succesful then?

No, I think it much rather suggests that the whole ‘threat of terrorism’ thing was concocted in order provide a convenient excuse to erode civil liberties and the ability of citizens to try to act against their government, possibly.

Oh look, that’s what’s happened. How strange….

steffybhoy
    Free Member

If taking out the nuclear weapons of a rogue state is the way to do it, then fair enough. I don’t have a problem with that.

Just like they took all the weapons of mass destruction out of Iraq?
    Oh! What was that? There were none?

kennyp
    Free Member

No, I think it much rather suggests that the whole ‘threat of terrorism’ thing was concocted in order to erode civil liberties and the ability of citizens to try to act against their government, possibly.

Possibly, although we still have far more civil liberties in this country than most others. Plus we can still act against the government by voting them out. For all its problems Britain is still a great plpace to live, so our governments (of whatever colour) must be doing something right.

kennyp
    Free Member

With nuclear weapons I think I’d prefer not to wait until it’s too late.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

kenny – I don’t think killing innocent civilians in a far off country makes us any safer – infact many folk think we are more at risk having created the conditions for radicals to appear and by making ourselves a target for the radicals hatred

yossarian
    Free Member

For all its problems Britain is still a great plpace to live, so our governments (of whatever colour) must be doing something right.

Genius

seosamh77
    Free Member

How long were Hiroshima and Nagasaki unusable?

You are talking about nuking Irans nuclear development sites and Israels sites(If Iran has developed anything thus far), I’d have a guess that changes the equation somewhat from a simple bomb. Regardless, it’s a ridiculous suggestion anyhow.

eyerideit
    Free Member

soobalias – Member
    if you wanna look at it like that, everyone dies for nothing really

We all die – yes but before then we get to live, have families, see them grow up, ride some bikes in some nice places. Put simply we get to live and then we die. That’s not nothing – that’s a very big something.

wrecker
    Free Member

Whatever happens, we shoul stay well out of it. I can’t see the military being too keen to be at the sharp end (again) of losing people so that a politician can flex his/her ego.

Having said that, anyone know where I can get a t shirt with a drone plane on it?

tazzymtb

No, I think it much rather suggests that the whole ‘threat of terrorism’ thing was concocted in order provide a convenient excuse to erode civil liberties and the ability of citizens to try to act against their government, possibly.

Oh look, that’s what’s happened. How strange….

OMG I agree with the ELF, V for vendetta was a glimpse of the future, alan moore was a visionary wizard and my hob nob has just broken in half in my cup of tea…the world is truly coming to an end

chewkw
    Free Member

Could someone start a nuclear war please … mankind need to be culled fast.

Nuke them all or be nuked whichever comes first is fine with me.

What’s with this pussyfooting eh? Get it over and done with and nuke them.

Human is the scum of the earth. Yes, including you and me.

eyerideit
    Free Member

http://www.israel1shop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1110

You can probably get hold of a 1 bullet 2 kills t from that site as well.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Could someone start a nuclear war please … mankind need to be culled fast.

Nuke them all or be nuked whichever comes first is fine with me.

What’s with this pussyfooting eh? Get it over and done with and nuke them.

Human is the scum of the earth. Yes, including you and me.

I think an Ebola epidemic would be much better, then all the animals and plant life won’t suffer.

And those of us left coud go for a nice ride as the trails won’t be overcrowded. 😀

Humans are scum but a few left would be nice, just to tell the monkeys what dicks we were when they take over.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

OMG I agree with the ELF

But Tazzy, surely, with our mutual love for Ken Lee*, that should not surprise you?

Great minds…

*Tulibu dibu douchou

kennyp
    Free Member

kenny – I don’t think killing innocent civilians in a far off country makes us any safer – infact many folk think we are more at risk having created the conditions for radicals to appear and by making ourselves a target for the radicals hatred

I’ve certainly no desire to see innocent people killed. And for the record I regard Iran as in many ways being one of the cradles of world civilisation. In the form of Persia it has an amazing history going back thousands of years, and the Iranians I’ve met have been some of the most cultured, intelligent people I’ve ever encountered. I’d love to visit the country sometime.

That said, it has no need for nuclear energy, given its vast oil reserves, ergo the most likely reason for the Iranian nuclear programme is the creation of a bomb. Therefore I have no problem with my government taking action to prevent this happening.

As regards the radicals and the conditions that create the radicals, that’s a but of a chicken and egg situation I’d have thought. Very debateable which caused which.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Iran does not need nukes cos it has oil – but we need nukes even tho we have oil? Global warming remebere – according to out governemnt nukes are the answer

I have a huge issue with my government bombing the shit out of another country for no good reason.

as for creating terrorists – thats exactly what we did.

chewkw
    Free Member

eyerideit – Member

I think an Ebola epidemic would be much better, then all the animals and plant life won’t suffer.

And those of us left coud go for a nice ride as the trails won’t be overcrowded.

Humans are scum but a few left would be nice, just to tell the monkeys what dicks we are when they take over.

eermm … yes, the animals and plants should be spared but then nuking everything is more humane with no suffering.

kennyp – Member

As regards the radicals and the conditions that create the radicals, that’s a but of a chicken and egg situation I’d have thought. Very debateable which caused which.

Nuke them and see if they can become radicals just for fun.

TandemJeremy – Member

Iran does not need nukes cos it has oil – but we need nukes even tho we have oil? Global warming remebere – according to out governemnt nukes are the answer

eh? I think the oil is deep beneath the earth so no harm done to the oil and if you survive you can drink as much as you like provided you know how to extract them.

I have a huge issue with my government bombing the shit out of another country for no good reason.

I have no issue about that because human needs culling. If we got nuked so be it because it just like a big party with everyone shooting off their fireworks.

as for creating terrorists – thats exactly what we did.

Then self cull …

I have few Persian friends and nice people too so long as they are right and you are wrong … like most people. Their woman folks are good looking as well … 😆

kennyp
    Free Member

but we need nukes even tho we have oil?

But I didn’t say we need nukes. Well not the weapons anyway. Power stations yes. Far better than vandalising the countryside with wind farms the way the SNP is doing (that’s another debate though).

Me too, although I have no issue if there is a good reason and no viable alternative.

kennyp
    Free Member

Nuke them and see if they can become more radicals just for fun.

The might become radicals with super-human radioactive powers, and then where would we be?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Right – so we have oil but need nukes but Iran doesn’t? why exactly?

Dunno what a good reason for bombing the shit out of a country is – personally I know of nothing since 1939 and even then some of it – say the bombing of dresden might be a bit OTT.

Nothing since 1945 has been a good enough reason for sure

chewkw
    Free Member

kennyp – Member

The might become radicals with super-human radioactive powers, and then where would we be?

Then be prepared to be probed in the cavity … like the aliens probing human. 😆

TandemJeremy – Member

Because we set the rules and until they can set the rules like Darius they must obey or be nuked. Simple. Oh ya … and stop multiplying as that take up space.

Dunno what a good reason for bombing the shit out of a country is – personally I know of nothing since 1939 and even then some of it – say the bombing of dresden might be a bit OTT.

You are being sentimental there. They knew it was coming …

Create a reason then … 🙄

razor1548
    Free Member

*Applauds*

One step closer to the end game.

Just a few more points of carefully planned weakness to attain and then Pakistan will fall. Then the world will slowly (V E R Y S L O W LY) be allowed to grow up! 🙂

kennyp
    Free Member

If I thought Iran was developing nuclear technology for purely peaceful purposes then I wouldn’t have a problem with it. However the weight of evidence suggests they aren’t. If negotiation and peaceful persuasion don’t work then sadly military action will have to be used as a last resort, before it’s too late.

kennyp
    Free Member

Bombing Serbia probably saved more lives than it cost. And no oil there either.

kennyp
    Free Member

Then be prepared to be probed in the cavity … like the aliens probing human.

Pah……can’t be any more painful than some of the saddles I’ve used over the years!

kennyp
    Free Member

And no-one has attacked us since then either. Maybe they’re scared.

chewkw
    Free Member

razor1548 – Member

*Applauds*

One step closer to the end game.

Just a few more points of carefully planned weakness to attain and then Pakistan will fall. Then the world will slowly (V E R Y S L O W LY) be allowed to grow up!

Encourage them to nuke their neighbours* first then let the game begins.

Note: *all their neighbours are armed with nukes too! Hooray! Large population too! Woohoo!

yunki
    Free Member

what Iran could really do with is a big cuddle instead of a slap.. but the western superpowers are greedy, insecure, highly volatile, dangerous bullies..

so Iran will probably be massacred.. it’s incredibly tragic

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

kennyp – Member

“Right – so we have oil but need nukes but Iran doesn’t? why exactly?”

If I thought Iran was developing nuclear technology for purely peaceful purposes then I wouldn’t have a problem with it. However the weight of evidence suggests they aren’t. really?

If negotiation and peaceful persuasion don’t work then sadly military action will have to be used as a last resort, before it’s too late.

so we get to tell them they cannot have nukes but we can and so can israel?

can you not see the rank hypocrisy?

kennyp
    Free Member

really?

Indeed. That’s what the evidence suggests.

so we get to tell them they cannot have nukes but we can and so can israel?

can you not see the rank hypocrisy?

I know that no Israeli government will ever nuke Britain. I’m not so sure about an Iranian one. Might be hypocritical, but I’d rather put the safety of my country before my sense of what’s fair.

It’s like knife carrying. I’m fine to be carrying a knife as part of my mountain bike tool kit. Some little tatooed ned isn’t. Might not be fair, but neither is life. I can be trusted; he can’t.

chewkw
    Free Member

TJ, yunki … be fair nuke all and let the earth regenerate. 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s like knife carrying. I’m fine to be carrying a knife as part of my mountain bike tool kit. Some little tatooed ned isn’t. Might not be fair, but neither is life. I can be trusted; he can’t.

That is the daftest bit of ‘logic’ I’ve read in ages. 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’m not so sure about an Iranian one.

Can you let me see a list countries that Iran has attacked, so I can understand where this doubt comes from? now contrast that with the last time the Isrealis attacked another country(and even british authorities while establishing their state). Israel has a far more aggressive history against the british than the Iranians do.

grum
    Free Member

If I was Iranian I’d want nukes ASAP. Might stop us from invading and destroying their country.

rossi46
    Free Member

Good God. Let’s pray that there are some in the Israeli government who aren’t homicidal maniacs

I think we’re all cattle trucked!

If I was Iranian I’d want nukes ASAP

They dont need to make one, they can beg borrow or steal them from any other rogue state. North Korea anyone?

jonahtonto
    Free Member

The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. Hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance. This new version is the past and no different past can ever have existed. In principle the war effort is always planned to keep society on the brink of starvation. The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over either Eurasia or East Asia, but to keep the very structure of society intact.
    (George Orwell)

scraprider
    Free Member

indeed dangerous times.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Giving Iran a slap’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts