Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Giving Blood
  • nbt

Like others, I did it regularly when i could just drop in, but now you have to book bloody months in advance and that doesn’t suit me]

edit – I just checked online. There’s a session in the church near work the first week in january, but it’s fully booked. Next session there is March. There’s a session near my house in february with availability, but that’s a Sunday – can’t guarantee what I’ll be doing next weekend much less two months from now

footflaps

The booking system seems a bit broken, it offers me a choice of locations and then when I click on any of them other than the main Hospital, it says no appointments available. I’ve basically given up as the main Hospital is completely the wrong side of town for me…

johnners
    Free Member

Next session there is March. There’s a session near my house in february with availability, but that’s a Sunday – can’t guarantee what I’ll be doing next weekend much less two months from now

Just book it and if you’re still unsure a week or 2 ahead cancel, they’ll still fill the slot.

I’m wondering what the “shambolic” people are experiencing. I’m in and out in less than an hour. If it’s actually disorganised rather than you just having to wait a bit it’s a matter for concern. It’s a well-tried system and will based on common procedures. Having said that, it’s scheduled quite tightly and I can see a couple of fainters on the chairs having a big knock on effect on throughput especially if it happens early in the session.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Just the massive wait a full hour or more past the booked time. That’s all really. The need to drive 15 miles each way on top of that is the icing on the cake.

pondo

Everyone should, if they can. 🙂

allthegear
    Free Member

Booking system is pretty easy to use. They will bug you forever once they have your details, though!

They are after me again, even though they know full well I’m not allowed for another couple of months. (Tattoo means no blood for 4 months)

Rachel

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Giving Blood’ is closed to new replies.