Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Given the choice of Coed y Brenin or Nant yr Arian, which would you go for?
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Heading off for an interview in Aberystwyth tomorrow (wish me luck!), so I though I’d try one of these two splendid trail centres on the way back.

Give the choice, which would you go for?

🙂

dti

nant for me

Northwind

Nant was great but I loved CYB, so if time allows the Beast.

william
    Free Member

Ride out from Aber to the back of Nant and back.

devs
    Free Member

I visit Aberystwyth yearly and I ride both. Nant is better for a quick blast as it’s closer but the better riding is at CyB. The better ‘out there’ scenery is at NyA but if I want that I wouldn’t go to a trail centre! CyB shades it in my book. Do the beast with half way cafe stop FTW.

jamesb
    Free Member

Nant yr Arian ride entire Syfydrrin loop , about 23 miles. Not as rocky technical as CYB but much better scenery and environment of big open wild spaces. AND If you get teh job you`re well placed for accessing NYA, Dyfi and CYB , good luck 😉

DrCalumR
    Free Member

Haven’t ridden NYA, but i have CYB. CYB is technical from the word go, I assume this is to keep the novice riders of the trails, my favourite run had to be Uncle Festa.

chakaping
    Free Member

It takes quite a long time to drive from Aber to CyB, so I’d go for NyA.

Especially if you’re going home south or east.

rOcKeTdOg

Nanty, feels more natural (even gates to open and sheep to avoid/chat up, depending on your particular pecadilos)

Rorschach
    Free Member

NyA and the climachx.

cxi
    Free Member

NyA – great mix of man-made and natural tracks out on the moors.

rossi46
    Free Member

Both are great, if i only had a day then Nant would be the one.
    Its more natural but has some good man made stuff too.

Also one weekend try Machynlleth thats a belter!

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Wait, there are jobs in Aber? 😯 Best of luck with that!

In terms of riding it does depend on time available. I’d say CyB is a better full day out, solely because there are more trails to ride. It’s also a bit more technical.

NyA is brilliant fun, but nothing really challenging. Summit loop with an extra bit around Pendam reservoir is my usual loop. Good for an afternoon’s jaunt.

Truth be told though, I would take Dyfi forest every time. Climachx loop with a few extra descents thrown in, good times.

Hmm, not really the helpful answer i thought it would be.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Given the choice of Coed y Brenin or Nant yr Arian, which would you go for?’ is closed to new replies.