Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Give me some nice Pasta recipes please
  • sputnik
    Free Member

Mmm, I would like to eat more pasta this year. Very good food for cycling and also very economical.
    Please give me some some pasta based recipes so I don't get bored with eating the stuff 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

proper carbonara.

just ad egg yolk and fried bacon/pancetta to hot spaghetti. bit of parmesan and black pepper, dash of olive oil.

knock out.

mogrim

2nd proper carbonara, dead easy.

Home made pesto.

Knob of butter and grated parmesan.

Lasagne.

Most tomato based sauces are good if you cook them for long enough, bung in the ingredientes and let simmer for a couple of hours. If you try and make them in a hurry they're crap.

Hungry now 🙂

DrJ

Add pepperoncino to all pasta sauces.

Olive oil, garlic and pepperoncino – good if you have NOTHING in the fridge.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

pasta + pesto = awesome pasta recipe.

Aldi some some good pestos cheap

alpinegirl
    Free Member

Fry up sliced courgettes then add some crushed garlic for a bit at the end. In a glass mix up grated parmasen, olive oil and lemon juice (lots of all) with fresh garlic if possible, S&P. Mix the sauce into the cooked pasta then serve with the courgettes and garlic on top. Great for after biking as only takes as long as you need for the pasta.

Or fried courgette, onion, and garlic in a tomato sauce with mozzerella added just before it's finished so it starts to melt.

Fry garlic up then for a couple of minutes add smoked salmon and chopped rocket and a fair bit of S&P.

DaRC_L

For 2 people:
    2 packets of filled pasta, cook as per instructions
    1 tub of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
    1 packet of Basil, chopped
    1/2 packet of pine nuts, toasted (put in a frying pan on a low heat for about 5 minutes shaking, to turn, a couple of times to stop them burning)
    Olive oil, Salt and Pepper to taste

Toss them all together once the pasta is cooked.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Stoner – with you there. None of this creamy carbonara rubbish.

Another of my faves is Ikea meatballs with a tin of chopped tomatoes bunged over and cooked with herbs, onions, garlic, chili flakes and a splash of Worcester sauce.

Serve (as with all pasta) with REAL parmesan. Not pre-grated stuff out of a box.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

Penne with Peas and Pancetta:
    Fry some pancetta, garlic, chopped chilli (optional) and shallot for a bit then pour in a glass of wine. Let it reduce by half then add some dried oregano. Cook out for a bit then put in the pasta.

Linguine with Peas and Prawns:
    A bit like the above. Garlic, chilli and shallots in a pan. Fry until soft then add glass of wine. Reduce by half and add raw prawns. Cook for a ouple of minutes and toss in linguine.

xc-steve
    Free Member

combine the following:
    1x slow cooker
    2x tin of chopped tomatoes
    5x chopped fresh tomatoes
    1x onion
    3x cloves of garlic
    2x carrots
    3x sticks of celery
    3x squirts of balsamic vinegar
    1x table spoon of sugar
    2-3x vegetable stock cubes (mixed with water etc)

Put all in slow cooker prior to work, come home zap it with a food processor and mix with pasta and a meat of your choice (I prefer tuna) and serve with garlic bread! YUM!

Serves about 8 people, obviously put the left overs in pots and freeze!

MRanger156
    Free Member

Spicy meatball pasta bake

Bimbler
    Free Member
    akira

Cheesy tomato and bacon pasta bake, make a pile and freeze.
    Use plenty of herbs and strong cheese.
    Also works very well with venison sausages.

hainey
    Free Member

Get some sweet potato and some squash, chop em up into bite size cubes, season, olive oil, roast in the oven for 15-20mins until browned.

Toast some pine nuts

Get some goats cheese and cut into little cubes

Cook some wholewheat pasta.

Bunk em all together in a pan.

Done.

Serve with Garlic Ciabatta.

sherry
    Free Member

Good thread, sound like some top pasta dish's!

fettling
    Free Member

10 Min tasty pasta rcipe.
    Cook plenty 2-3 mug fulls of pasta until al dente.
    Meanwhile chop up 4 or 5 tomatoes, a mozarella ball and some fresh basil.
    Make a dressing of olive oil balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper lemon juice and a bit of lemon zest.
    Throw it all together. Eat.

You can always add a side salad of rocket and parnesan if you want to look posh.

RustyMac

Tuna and mixed bean pasta salad is good,

For 3-4 portions
    Use 2 muggs of Penne or Riggatoni pasta (cook it then cool it under cold water)
    1 tin of mixed beans
    1 or 2 big tins of tuna
    1 tin of sweetcorn
    Mayonnaise to combine it all (you can also use half mayo half creme fresh)
    season to taste.

Well good

Cheers

Rusty

BigJohn
    Nick

spagetti with chilli, anchovies and lemon

cook spagetti

In a seperate pan add some olive oil and the finely chopped up chillis and the anchovies, sweat the chillis as the anchovies dissolve, stir in the spagetti and then sqeeze the lemon juice in, eat

just adjust ingredient quantaties to taste

Nick

spagetti with meatballs

1lb minced pork
    8 rashers of streaky bacon (smoked is ok if you fancy it)
    1tsp ground fennel seeds
    1tsp fresh ground pepper
    as many chillis as you like
    1/2 tsp of sugar
    pinch of salt

you can blend all this in a food processor and you can replace the minced pork with belly and shoulder if you like

roll into small balls and then fry in batches, set aside once done in an oven proof dish

to make the sauce

3 cloves of garlic
    1 small onion
    1 tin of passata
    1 tin of chopped tomatoes
    1 glass of red wine
    tsp of Oregano
    pepper and salt to taste

fry the onion until translucent, add the garlic and fry for another 30 seconds, add wine, cook for another min, add everything else, simmer for a couple of minutes

poor this over the meatballs

put in oven for 30 mins on a high heat so that the top starts to catch a bit and everything is bubbling nicely

while this is doing cook spagetti

combine in bowls (recommend you put the pasta in first), get some parmasan and a bottle of Masi Amarone, enjoy

nicko74

Spag bol: 2 tins tomatos, one small onion, 250g mince, one pepper.
    Chorizo pasta: preferably cooking chorizo, but either sort will do as long as it's not the sliced type. Fry gently with some garlic, add a tomato or some cherry tomatos, a pepper. Voila.
    Nigel Slate has a good creamy spicy sausage one, too
    Also, I found an interesting recipe recently: double cream, fresh prawns, chili sauce.

Mounty_73

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm thats making me feel hungry…..some of the above have just inspired me to buy a book on pasta dishes….

midlifecrashes

Spicy chorizo style whole sausage(lidl is good), sliced into 1/3" rounds, pop them in to poach in a glass of white wine or two. Meanwhile gently fry a medium onion or a few shallots, medium chopped. Add a tin of tomatoes or passata, a cup of fresh or frozen peas and the sausage with the wine. Salt and black pepper. Serve with Conchiglie or Fusilli.

aP
    Free Member

Also remembering that pasta tends towards being a high GI food, and is (unless you buy high quality) extremely heavily processed.
    Made pesto last night, will be having it with Fettuce tonight, but pasta no more than once a week.

chakaping
    Free Member

OK, I don't normally let this one out, but because you said please…

Orecchiette pasta (100g per person)
    Quite a lot of olive oil (not too bitter)
    1 small/med clove garlic, finely chopped
    Good amount of pecorino cheese, grated roughly or cut into slivers
    1 cup frozen peas (or fresh in season if you grown your own)
    1 cup frozen broad beans (ditto)
    Small handful of chopped mint
    Few twists black pepper

Cook pasta in one pan, veg in another – strain both and combine with other ingredients in the big pan

Add more oil or cheese to taste once served

One of my fave meals. Very refreshing and different – and really easy. Goes lovely with a dry reisling or semillon.

sputnik
    Free Member

Thank you all for the ideas. I plan to try every single one of the above recipes, starting tonight with the first submitted one , i.e Stoner's (proper) Carbonara and then I am going to work my way down the 'list' of recipes.
    🙂

mefty
    Free Member

Sometimes use Chorizo instead of bacon in a carbonara recipe to give a bit more pep.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

Sputnik, get yourself down the library or bookshop and get Jamie Oliver's books. He's a massive-tongued freak but he's got some damn fine pasta recipes that are a bit different.

jimmy

Putanesca. My favourite for some years now.

Black olives, anchovies, capers, chilli, garlic, oregano, basil, tomatoes + pecorino cheese. BBBBBOOOOSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH. Awesome stuff.

spacecadett
    Free Member

Hi check this link out, there are loads of great Itallian recipes:

http://squisito-deli.co.uk/recipes.aspx

dustytrails

Yeah I'm with Jimmy! "Whore's" spaghetti although i prefere it with penne.
    OOOOORRRRR
    Smoked Salmon, sauteed shallots, pickled green peppercorns, a little rosemary, parmesan & creme. TOTALLY Fantastic
    Easy,
    Sautee shallots in a little butter & olive oil
    Add rosemary & peppercorns
    Add Creme
    Add Parmesan
    Then last add shredded smoked salmon
    Stir into Penne or similar & serve with more parmesan!! & a nice red!!

Ok Not really diet food but WTF occasionally!!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I love pasta

make a daddy special – here goes

olive oil
    onion
    garlic
    pepper
    italian herbs
    red chillies
    bacon or chorizo or smiliar spicy sausage or chicken

Put in a frying pan and cook off

Whilst pile of pasta of choice is cooked

When pasta cooked, drain and tip into frying pan to get all the flavour out of pan.

Tip into big bowl grate some cheese of preference on top, ground pepper and lashings of tomato sauce

Lush

could eat it all the time 😛

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Give me some nice Pasta recipes please’ is closed to new replies.