• This topic has 131 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by kilo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)
  • Give me some examples of business daftness that is so daft it shouldn’t exist…
  • DrP

I’ll start with two recent ones…
    1:
    I had a Three SIM contract for mobile broadband. The speeds were terrible, and the tower kept going down.
    I cancelled it (on the grounds of poor service) with 6 months to go and was told there’s no cancellation fee to pay.
    I got a letter the other week (wrongly) showing the cancellation charge..which is the fee for the remaining 6 month’s line rental!. If that’s the case, why would ANYONE cancel a contract, if you simply end up paying the rest of the line rental, but have NO SIM??!!

2:
    I booked a holiday months ago for 4 of us… Now there’s only 3 of us going on it. First choice will refund me something like 30% of the ticket, but there’s a cancellation fee.
    The outcome…. if i want to cancel that person’s ticket, it’ll cost me ANOTHER £140!!
    I laughed and said to the woman on the phone that that really isn’t an appealing offer! I’ll just leave the ticket as it is and insist on a spare seat or something!!!

DrP

hols2
    Free Member

perchypanther
    Free Member

Giving people antibiotics that won’t help them in the slightest just because they expect it?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kryton57

DHL – today gave me the update that said they’d be delivering between 14:37-15:37.  I popped out to the Italian deli at 12:07-12:33 and returned to find a card through my letter box saying my delivery been taken to the nearest warehouse because I wasn’t in.

Furthermore, the tracking thing on their website still says its coming at 14:37-15:37.

perchypanther
    Free Member

…also, PSA for the hot single ladies of STW…

Free holiday up for grabs. Applicants must like children, diesel Skodas, beards and waistcoats.

DrP

Giving people antibiotics that won’t help them in the slightest just because they expect it?

Agreed… hence why Antibiotic champions and a sea change in prescribing practice is happening…

DrP

Kryton57

…also, PSA for the hot ladies of STW…

Both of them?

stevie750

BT

DrP

…also, PSA for the hot ladies of STW…

Free holiday up for grabs. Must like beards and waistcoats.

Proper LOL!!

Also, I guess…. the ‘BEARS’ of STW too…

DrP

perchypanther
    Free Member

Also, I guess…. the ‘BEARS’ of STW too…

Reported.

Pantherist.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Rubber_Buccaneer

I hesitate to ask what BEARS are but I really need a holiday

PJay
    Free Member

My Wife and I popped into a GAP store recently; huge sign in the windows advising 50% off absolutely everything. The only item my Wife took an interest in had a label on it stating “Excluded from whole of store sale” 🙄

winston
    Free Member

1.There is no cancellation fee. A cancellation fee is separate from and over and above any remaining line rental which as part of your contract will need to be repaid.

2.In many instances esp flight/holiday offers you are only allowed to board with the number of people you booked on originally unless you specifically cancel them off (incurring a fee obvs).

Next?

maccruiskeen

I hesitate to ask what BEARS are

Blokes excited about reading singletrack

perchypanther
    Free Member

I hesitate to ask what BEARS are but I really need a holiday

Beard Enthusiasts Admiring Retro Skodas

AlexSimon

When forestry commission decided that the years of effort, good will and publicity from Sian and Dafydd Roberts in Coed-y-Brenin and Emma Guy and Tracey Brunger in Glentress were worth nowt.

antigee

…I’ll just leave the ticket as it is and insist on a spare seat or something!!!

I’d check the terms and conditions carefully apparently you are supposed to have a contracts/commercial lawyer sat next to you for every transaction you do…suspect there is the possibility of a no show surcharge and if not why not? laziness on their part an easy milking

think only time I really lost it was missed a flight so missed a meeting so rescheduled to another city with another airline with intention of driving to planned destination …asked the original airline to confirm my return seat would be available…no of course not because hadn’t done outward leg and one way was a few body parts x original fare and knew could book for way less….asked for taxes back…fee to process tax back more than the tax

boomerlives
    Free Member

you are only allowed to board with the number of people you booked on originally unless you specifically cancel them off

What tosh.

My holiday daftness is James Villas. I booked a 4 bed villa last year. Two weeks ago they drop me mail saying due to resort issues, the villa I booked now only has 3 beds. What happened? An earthquake?

But I’m not entitled to a refund…

I bet you section 75 that I am

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I would have thought anyone choosing the username ‘rubber buccaneer’ would know exactly what a bear is.

DrP

RE the holiday..the lady at First Choice laughed with me, and suggested that i leave it and either
    a-change the name to that of a sexy single singletracker (AKA DezB)…
    b-jsut turn up and say there’s a ‘no show’, they’ll give me a no-show letter, and i can try to claim back via my insurance…

DrP

EDIT..
    From TUI website..
    4.3 Cancellation by the traveller – Cancellation of flight(s)
    If the traveller cancels their booking or fails to show for the booked flight, no refund will be paid, with the exception of any passenger-related taxes imposed by airports and governments charged at the time of the booking. These are reimbursed at the traveller’s written request at the latest three months after the date of cancellation or no-show, after deduction of a fixed administrative cost of €35 (+/- 377 MAD) per request. The traveller should inform TUI Airlines Belgium NV in writing of the cancellation before the date of the flight, with indication of the reference number of the booking(s). Cancellations are only possible on workdays during business hours (from Monday through Saturday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm). Cancellations outside this period will be processed on the next working day.
    The traveller is advised to insure themselves against the financial consequences of a cancellation or no-show.

danposs86

When forestry commission decided that the years of effort, good will and publicity from Sian and Dafydd Roberts in Coed-y-Brenin and Emma Guy and Tracey Brunger in Glentress were worth nowt.

What has gone on now?

Northwind

The 24 hour Asda near me that closes from 2am to 5am 4 nights a week.

AlexSimon

danposs86
    What has gone on now?

All a long time ago, but for some reason it still sticks in my brain when I think of business vs people. Basically, once the trail centres were established, Forestry put the cafes/bike shops out to tender with zero consideration to those mentioned above.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Years back when they opened the ‘new’ Cafe at Cwmcarn they offered an ‘all day breakfast’ but only until 11am.

Anyway, because I’m a bit of a dick, I’d order one every time I was there for an uplift day, about 1pm.

NJA

On BBC breakfast news this morning they reported that Network Rail executives were being encouraged to fly between meetings as it is cheaper than using the train.

hot_fiat

Current customer’s customer has spent millions trying to deliver a project. They have no requirements and no test plan. We could deliver absolutely anything and still get paid. I blame both sides. Who the hell signs up to deliver “stuff” without defining what that is?

DrP

^^^

This sort of thing goes on in health all the time.

I used to work at the CCG, but quit as felt guilty being paid to work there (honest!).

I likened it to someone saying “lets build a house..we need a new house”, but before plans etc have been finalised, the wife comes in saying “I’ve ordered all the paint, and bought the curtains (no idea of size needed) as well as got the carpet fitters here and waiting….”
    Then a week later the plans for the house are scrapped and we want a boat instead….

DrP

Greybeard
    Free Member

I’m waiting for a small package from an eBay seller. Posted on Friday, estimated delivery Saturday or today (Monday). Nothing has arrived. Royal Mail tracking link says it was posted on Friday – I know that, the seller sent me the tracking number on Friday, and is due for delivery today. So I follow the tracking link, hoping to discover where it is – it says “An update will not be provided until we have attempted to deliver your item” – what use is that, if they’ve attempted to deliver it they’ve rung the doorbell so the tracking won’t tell me anything!

Kryton57

DHL – today

Delivered it!  2 hours ago while I was sitting indoors, GIS location a street corner 2 miles away….

FFS!

johnners
    Free Member

I’ve just tried to order a pair of flip flops from Amazon (I know, I know). Chose click and collect as I often do, means they’ll be delivered even if I’m not in. I’d be OK with a black pair, but the grey ones (same supplier) are too big for the same C&C location. Who knew grey was a bigger colour than black?

AlexSimon

Talking of Amazon. Buying with added Prime subscription should not be a big button while buying normally is a little text link (tested to be in a less obvious and less user-friendly) area. I hate them a little bit more every time I checkout.

doris
    Free Member

Euro tunnel – booked our car on for our summer camping trip, we have a roof box and bike rack on the back so always go in the high vehicles section with the coaches etc

A month or two after booking we are lucky enough to be able to take the inlaws campervan instead of our old car so i phone up to change the booking, understanding that i would have to pay extra (didn’t realise how much extra!!) but not prepared for the “you can’t travel on the same train anymore computer says no” spiel you get despite the fact that the van will take up the same space that we have already booked on the train!

No amount of reasoning would change their minds 🙁

crazy-legs

On BBC breakfast news this morning they reported that Network Rail executives were being encouraged to fly between meetings as it is cheaper than using the train.

To be fair (and sorry to spoil your rant), Network Rail is a nationally-owned infrastructure managment company, they don’t run the trains – they just make sure all the tracks and signalling etc are working correctly. As a result, they don’t get travel discounts as an employee of (say) Virgin or Great Western Railways would.

So by taking the cheapest option, they’re saving taxpayer money.

But it’s still insane how you can be on a train from Manchester to London and (depending on when the ticket was bought and what type it is) there can be people on board who paid £25 and people who paid £300 for the same journey.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Network Rail executives were being encouraged to fly between meetings as it is cheaper than using the train.

Taking those donkey jackets and woodbines through security is going to be a pain ain’t it 🤯👊

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Agreed… hence why Antibiotic champions and a sea change in prescribing practice is happening…

DrP

IBCG – In before “yes but have you considered Lyme disease….” Cinnamon-girl .

tjagain

deleted

oreetmon
    Free Member

CRC posting me a mech hanger in a box to big to fit through the letterbox.
    Really needed it for a weekend away. Didn’t have time to pick it up from the depot ☹️

bearnecessities

IBCG – In before “yes but have you considered Lyme disease….” Cinnamon-girl .

She’s been here over ten times longer than you have, and posts some interesting stuff which includes promoting the initially-ignored issue of lyme disease , so I’m not sure you’ve picked on the right target there.

joshvegas
    Free Member

The 24 hour Asda near me that closes from 2am to 5am 4 nights a week.

I can’t think of an asda near you?!

But also… The asda 24 next to manchester velodrome opens like 11am to 5pm on sundays. Which really **** up our plans off stocking up before heading home.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Give me some examples of business daftness that is so daft it shouldn’t exist…’ is closed to new replies.