Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Gisburn Trail Closures
  • ScottChegg
    Free Member

I went to Gisburn on Friday with some guys from work. We had a great day, despite the weather.

The only downside was a trail closure on the fireroad climb after Fair Hill. There is water supply work going on.

There was no diversion, and no warning until you got to the works. We dropped to the bridge and followed a footpath on a bog trot until the trail could be picked up again.

Is there a better way to get around this? It seems a bit crap not to have a diversion on something that has had a fair bit of planning.

Or did I miss something obvious?

Cougar

Dunno, but they’ve got previous. First time I ever went, there was a chunk closed for renovation; minimal signage and we were up to the fetlocks in slutch shouldering bikes.

Bit of a blot in an otherwise great little trail.

ComradeD
    Free Member

We went round yesterday and there was no diversion. I think you must have missed something

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    philfive
    Free Member

All the closures have been well advised on closures with maps available on their Facebook page.

Not sure we’re fair hill is to be fair but I know the hope line is closed.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It’s the bit after Hully Gully that climbs back up on Fireroad before the next bit in the trees. Bottoms, I think

there was no diversion. I think you must have missed something

That’s contradictory. Was there a closure? Without that, you don’t need a diversion.

We were not alone. Three groups of riders all following each other across a sheep track.

philfive
    Free Member

I don’t think it was closed yesterday.

stumpyjon

It’s United Utilities rolling closure, it’s not the FC doing it (or have any control over it) they’re putting in a new water main to Tosside.

As for the lack of diversions, what do you want for nothing. the FC team have forestry work to do as well, the trails at the end of the day are a nice to have and much of the current additional effort is going into getting the new stuff ready for the opening next Saturday (they worked through last weekend on that with help from the volunteers).

Updates are posted on the FC Facebook page and usually shared through the users page.

http://www.facebook.com/GisburnForest
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/24782136080/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn Trail Closures’ is closed to new replies.