Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Gisburn Forest trails?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Is it any good? Got a long weekend up that way in a few weeks and wondering if it’s worth taking the bikes.

spawnofyorkshire

I like it overall, some bits i dislike, others i really enjoy. It’s a very mixed trail centre as all the bits are different from each other. If you’re there and you have your bikes do it

mintimperial

Went for the first time on Monday, and I liked it. Hully Gully and the Hope Line are a lot of fun. If you’re up there anyway definitely take a bike and have a play.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Pretty good but you’ve got the Dales only a few miles away which is better…

acidchunks

Definitely worth taking bikes. The folks who maintain the trails put a lot of work in and it shows. It might not have much in the way of elevation but it makes a lot of what it has.

mcnultycop

It’s brilliant.

stumpyjon

It is good, but then I built a lot of it. Also some cracking riding to the south (Rossendale / Calderdale / Lee Quarry) and as said above superb riding in the dales. Yes bring your bikes.

scaled
    Free Member

anyone know if the new DH line is finished?

What was there looked pretty good!

chakaping
    Free Member

Is that on the same hillside as the old dh?

Was there week before last and nothing seemed to be shut off or in progress.

Not sure what was there before though!

muddy247
    Free Member

Went last weekend and it rode really well- I don’t think the dh line is finished yet, spoke to some locals who said it was rideable but not officially finished.

loddrik
    Free Member

Gisburn is great. Always enjoy it up there.

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks all, sounds like it’s worth a go. All I need to do now is tell her indoors I’ll be biking one day check it’s practical with all the other gumpf we need to take for 2 small children 🙄

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Pretty good but you’ve got the Dales only a few miles away which is better..

Really? I guess if you like grassy land rover tracks the Dales around that area are better…

trout
    Free Member

When you up Steve might be able to join you for a spin and chat about old times

stevied
    Free Member

Hey Chris, that would be awesome. I’ll get MrsD to confirm dates and I’ll let you know 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn Forest trails?’ is closed to new replies.