Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Gisburn Forest Conditions
  • slimporcini
    Free Member

As per title. Has anyone been there recently? Heading there monday, would be cool to know what the trails are like. Thanks in advance.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Lots of puddles, prepare to get wet. Overall ok.

slimporcini
    Free Member

Thanks Darren, Better lay a dust sheet down in the back of the car then. And bring a change of clothes.

stumpyjon

Wet rather than boggy, apart from Hully Gully which is a bit cut up. Don’t forget your £3 in coins for the pay and display.

ricky1
    Free Member

I’ll be making my way up in the morning as well,not been since before Christmas,hose pipe at the ready for when I get back and clean clothes….

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’m taking my girls (6 and 8yrs) on Sunday for their first ride on a ‘proper’ mtb trail. Fingers crossed.

PTR
    Free Member

Did Gisburn today with my 8 year old son, it was wet , but still ok, he fulfilled one of his lifetime ambitions, back at the car, the wet socks when thrown, stuck to the vertical side of the car, for minutes.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Hope you gave him a high five

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Surely conditions at Gisburn are always the same unless its a heatwave?

globalti
    Free Member

Daft question altogether in the middle of winter.

stumpyjon

To be fair people were asking this question a couple of years ago because some of the trails descended into a muddy mess at this time of year. Due to extensive efforts of the FC staff and volunteers the trails are now much more sustainable so whilst hold water in places aren’t the bogfest the used to be.

martinhutch

The only other issue at this time of year is the boardwalk higher up on the red, which can turn painfully dicey at the first sign of frost. Temperatures seem to be reasonable at the mo, though, so hopefully shoudn’t be an issue.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn Forest Conditions’ is closed to new replies.