Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Gisburn – Bike wash?
  • craig24
    Free Member

Haven’t been for quite a while and looking to visit this weekend.

Do they have any bike washing facilities now?

tomhoward

Not a proper coin op type thing, like llandegla or hamsterley, but there is a tap behind the toilet block in the main car park.

craig24
    Free Member

Thanks!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Daffy

I thought there was something at the Cafe?

tomhoward

Ah, might be, haven’t been to the cafe for ages.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

You’ll need it. I was up there a few weeks ago and it was very muddy by trail centre standards.

craig24
    Free Member

Bump, does anyone know if there is facilities for bike washing at the cafe?

craig24
    Free Member

I can now confirm there is no bike washing facilities. Also you can now pay the car park by card.

Very wet today but still great fun.

grannyjone
    Free Member

Gisburn in recent months is one of the muddiest places you can possibly ride!!
    Probably only beaten narrowly by Lee Quarry but that place gets thosands of Motorcross bikes hitting it every week!

tomhoward

Gisburn in recent months is one of the muddiest places you can possibly ride!!

It’s always wet, for 51 weeks a year anyway, but the water means the mud tends to just fall off rather than stick to everything, so it’s not too bad to ride in.

grannyjone
    Free Member

I ride all over the Pennines and can’t think of many other rides where my feet are absolutely soaking freezing and wet in just 12 miles with Five Ten’s Freerider elements (Water Resistant shoes) + Seal Skinz !

I bet even if you went there during the peak of Summer it would still be a washout

Lee & Cragg Quarry as mentioned above the only other place perhaps!

njd187
    Free Member

Gisburn is not what i would call muddy but is usually very wet. If you want muddy get to mast side of Stainburn.

tomhoward

Was there the other week as it happens, properly grim.

njd187
    Free Member

Ride Stainburn so much in spring and summer it always seems hard work in winter.Still go as it’s pretty local.

dave.wilson14

No bike wash, think there’s a new toilet/changing room block though, they’ve been re-doing lot of the car park. Would avoid hully gully if it’s been raining hard, collects loads of water.

Is usually pretty wet there most of the year, not overly muddy. Think the wettest place I’ve seen is penmachno, most of the trails appear to be streams.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn – Bike wash?’ is closed to new replies.