Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Giro Feature
  • wors

Does any have one, how is it for ventilation?

wors

Anyone?

Del

Fresh Goods Friday 698 - The Boom Box Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 698 - The Boom B...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    skybluestu
    Free Member

Ive had one for around 6 months now.
    1. Great coverage and nice fit. Doesn’t look too big on the head either when compared to Fox Flux etc
    2. Ventilation though looks terrible is actually pretty good. Internaly channeling seems to work quite well. I reckon on a hot day it would be a little too much 22c + but when does that happen in the UK?!
    3. Perfect for 90% of the years trail riding and would be great for Alps etc singletrack where a bit more coverage is nice without going full face.

rocketman
    Free Member

how is it for ventilation?

Perfect in the current conditions

Gets very warm in the summer especially when you’re going slow e.g. long uphill climbs. Pads are very thin and saturate (urrrrrrrrrggggghhhh) quite easily in fact mine have saturated so much they’ve delaminated. Replacement pad kit is £10 from anywhere that has an account with Madison.

wors

Hmm, i sweat buckets even in current conditions, might not be the best choice!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Perfect for 90% of the years trail riding and would be great for Alps etc singletrack where a bit more coverage is nice without going full face.

I’d agree with this. Wore mine in 40 degree Croatia too – it was a little steamy, but not massively more than something like a Xen. I always wear a Buff or similar underneath to protect the pads a little and stop sweat running into my eyes.

Much paleness by NeilCain, on Flickr

MarkiMark
    Free Member

Sold mine. Way too hot on climbs. Already had a Xen, much better.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Giro Feature’ is closed to new replies.