Viewing 12 posts - 241 through 252 (of 252 total)
  • Giro d'Italia thread (with likely spoilers)
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Last week action has made up for the first two weeks somewhat. Still a shame that the GC seemed pretty much wrapped up even before the big TT, even with Bertie’s spill adding a bit of drama.

slowoldman

I reckon it’s been one the best Grand Tours I’ve seen. Good to see everyone can have good days and can suffer. Almost looks as though they are human after all. A shame for Richie it all went wrong but in honesty I don’t think he’s in the same league as the guys left at the end. Hesjedal has been brilliant.

The TdF and Vuelta should be fabulous.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Tinkoff’s hair 😆

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Zakarin up the road again

except he completely blew up (after rightly shunning Landa’s requests to share work after being mugged for the Cima Coppi) and went backwards through the field? I’m still struggling more with Aru’s recovery and Astana’s riding in general.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

genius

this with 150m to go

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ Milan innit, it’s like that there.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Well that was bloody torture, Sky managed to miss recording stage 19 highlights last night and it wasn’t on demand. No problem I think, I’ll record it Sunday morning while I’m out on the bike, no no, failed recording!! Finally managed to catch up with it on demand, nothing worse than being to weak to go online for 2 days but hoping to god you don’t see the result!!! I really thought it would have been no probs for Contador but that was a bit tense eh! Mad Giro, no rest days this year!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

An article about Contador’s legacy following the Giro win over at Cyclingnews. I quite like the guy and the way he rides, makes a race worth watching. But for me his legacy will always be associated with riding for Bruyneel (Astana days) and Riis, and the whole beef farce. Shame really.

servo
    Free Member

Thanks for the secret pro link. Lots of strong opinions there 😯

deviant
    Free Member

Bit of a shame, you could just tell something was fishy this year….maybe there is a new compound around that is as yet undetectable and only some people have access?…google ‘peptides’ and PEDs, makes for fascinating reading and not all of them can be tested for yet….and frighteningly most of them arent illegal or expensive either.

Aicar is interesting as it encourages growth of new coronary arteries! (angiogenesis) and allows said users heart to work like a flipping race horses!…its been around a while and i think they now test for that one but its available online to you and me nonetheless!

The PED scene is following the legal highs scene, once something gets banned or a test is developed a new compound crops up that is different enough to avoid detection but achieve the same result.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oh blimey, another fail for the old Vini Fantini squad. They’ll probably still get a Giro invite if they are still around next year!

Good article by the secret pro there, this years Giro was comical.

Viewing 12 posts - 241 through 252 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘Giro d'Italia thread (with likely spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.