Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Giro d'Italia
  • scaredypants

Oh dear, that’s a thin field – do you lot all know what you’re on about ?
    I have a bad feeling about this 🙁

swavis

Nope, I’m winging it 😉

scaredypants

I just pick people I’ve heard of

… then try to bring the price down from 180 to 100 points 😳

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Boom, Team Rolland in the Deep entered. Hopefully a decent mix of sprinters and climbers. Only gone for 1 expensive GC rider, hoping my other riders will grab some stage wins to bump the points total up.

edhornby

Nah, Porte pulled out of the Giro a month ago, supposedly as he was down on form after illness so he could focus on supporting Froome again in the tour. Somewhere the truth is in there and my guess is they didn’t think he had what it’d take to win so wanted to put their eggs all in the Tour de France basket.

or

he’s signed for Orica Greenedge and so they are giving their contracted riders the World tour points (that will stay with sky) rather than supporting a rider that will take them to another team

highlandman
    Free Member

Stuff this Fantasy nonsense you bunch of …(insert tagline form IrnBru advert)… we’re off to watch it for real, Saturday & Sunday. By tandem, hauling a trailer and then going touring in the south. Happy days.

stevious

I think it should be a cracking race. Lots of people capable of winning it this year, all with different strengths should make for some surprises along the way. I’d like to see Dan Martin do well, mostly because he like to attack.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Highland man where are you watching on sat? It goes past my house!

nemesis
    Free Member

I think I’ll be at the Templepatrick roundabout. Might be sketchy in the weather we’re forecast… 😯

Lucas
    Free Member

Got my BumRush boys in the STW league, only a day left to get your teams in….

sparksmcguff

Very jealous just off the phone to a colleague of mine who also owns a hotel – a number of teams are staying at said hotel and he’s surrounded by pros and their bike pro(n)

BristolPablo
    Free Member

Kittel, Bouhanni etc may not ride all three weeks as the last week is a bit of a hill-fest.

Scarponi, Basso and Cunego are going to be in the top ten, Quintana and Roriguez are probably favourites but I think Uran is a dark horse and will be leading OPQS and Roche will feature… If only he could TT!! On paper it’s the most open Giro in years..

unovolo
    Free Member

Team ‘Rectal Thunder’ in and 10 points left over!

hjghg5
    Free Member

We are over for the race – headed to armagh and rode the first bit of stage 3 this afternoon. Everything is very very pink indeed.

dlr

Possibly being stupid/blind, are the highlights on terrestrial TV anywhere? I thought ITV4 showed it last year but nothing there so far other than the current women’s UK tour which has been good the last 2 nights

cultsdave
    Free Member

How can I watch the Highlights on the TV?

bikebouy
    Free Member

ITV4 normally do air some stages, failing that the Eurosport App and subscribe through iTunes..

Spin
    Free Member

Sky for best team

Never!

mrhoppy

BBC2 NI has coverage whilst it’s in Norn Ireland.

markrh
    Free Member

DAN!
    NOOOOOOOOO! 🙁

mrhoppy

Oh Ffs, 1/2 way through the 1st stage and one of my team leaders is out. Crashing on a straight he could be a triathlete.

Spin
    Free Member

Bad news that.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Horrible horrible crash – we were about 10 metres down the road. Martin looked in a lot of pain:(

atlaz
    Free Member

Jesus, two crashes in as many weeks

scaredypants

Poor Dan, and his merry men 🙁

Poor me, and my velogames team 😥

Spin
    Free Member

Nice story about how Tuft’s team mates had decided he should cross the line first as it was his birthday.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well that’s a bloody crock of shite innit, Dan out, what’s the point in watching it now??

Gutted for him, truly gutted.

Spin
    Free Member

Dan out, what’s the point in watching it now

Nico?

butcher

Must be heartbreaking to put all that effort in and go out like that 🙁

It put a bit of a downer on the first stage.

And yep, that’s one of my Velogames guys gone too!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Dan the man is having trouble staying upright lately. He must be absolutely gutted.

Macavity
    Free Member

40mpg

Could be goof news for Swifty though

atlaz
    Free Member

Bit of a mess really today. The sprint was good but the rest was a disaster.

wwaswas

the rest was a disaster

given how they went down like skittles on that last lap I’d say disaster was avoided by neutralising the stage.

atlaz
    Free Member

I actually meant the crashes on that lap. The rest looked like a pleasant ride in warm rain. I do find it amusing when the commentators refer to a 90 degree bend in a city as “very technical” though

nemesis
    Free Member

Well it can be if it’s a narrow, wet road and you’re surrounded by 100+ other riders vying for position. Like stage 3 in Dublin.

wwaswas

a 90 degree bend in a city as “very technical” though

Well, it was too technical for half the field 😉

nemesis
    Free Member

waits for the inevitable ‘roadies have no skillz’ type comments from the usual riding gods… 😉

speckledbob
    Free Member

Well that was disastrous for quite a few. Good ride by Evans and Mathews. Rodriguez now almost 10 minutes down on gc and looked very uncomfortable. Caruso did not look good at all. Can’t find any info about him at the moment.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Giro d'Italia’ is closed to new replies.