Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • giro chronicle vs montaro
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

Anyone got either or used both? I tried a bell sixer and was not impressed with it and also Troy Lee which didn’t fit well and was massive so looking at the giro ones.

Can get the Montaro for near enough same price as long as it’s black one (although the matte blue/yellow looks nice and bright!)

Reviews are good for both although complaints about the padding not lasting in the Montaro seem common.

Anyone got either, using either and feedback?

alpin
    Free Member

Have a Montaro. Tried the Chronicle in the shop and it didn’t sit right on my bonce.

Padding is still hanging in there, but certainly doesn’t look like new. Has it for 6 months with a fair amount of use.

If the padding was sorted it’d be a massive plus.

jayx2a
    Free Member

The chronicle does not seem to have the pad issue but it just doesn’t look as solid!!

jayx2a
    Free Member

Also – any other suggestions worth looking at!

joebristol

I’ve got the Chronicle, used it about 10 times so far. Runs a little bit warmer than my trail lid but not too much wamer considering the coverage – certainly cooler and much lighter than my mates Troy Lee a1.

Feels solid without being heavy pretty much, and looks really nice in Matt grey.

I didn’t manage to find a Montaro to try on so ruled it out – plus there were a lot of online comments about the pads disintegrating.

kiwijohn

I got a Chronicle. it fits a lot better than a Super 2 & was $100 cheaper than a Montaro.

Is a tad warm but.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘giro chronicle vs montaro’ is closed to new replies.