Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Giro Belfast route criticised by NI MP
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

Sometimes this place really gets me down. A great event coming to Belfast and in true Northern Ireland style the politicians complain about the route that it takes. 🙁

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-24345048

sssimon
    Free Member

just one more thing for the poor down trodden Maskey to complain about, to think the Pro Tour teams are going to missout on seeing the stunners of the falls road out buying crisps and chocolate for their kids in their pyjamas

binners

Never mind all that! When did Italy annexe Belfast?!!!! 😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

T’was a subtle left field pass, clearly under Your radar MrBinners.. 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Never mind all that! When did Italy annexe Belfast?!!!!

At around the same time as La Belle France subjugated the Holy Yarksheer Empire.

ocrider

I think they got it all wrong by attributing the curtain raiser to the Giro in NI. It doesn’t quite overlap the marching season as the TDF would 8)

wwaswas

Thanks goodness there isn’t a tradition of the Dutch all congregating in their national colour on the Giro…

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Perhaps it’s the lack of bonfires and bands they’re complaining about?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Thanks goodness there isn’t a tradition of the Dutch all congregating in their national colour on the Giro…

Its alright its all in the East 🙂

oldbloke
    Free Member

Is this why Alonso didn’t end up buying Euskaltel Euskadi then? Team strip might have been a tad too dangerous to participate.

I’ve already told my wife we’re visiting my parents that weekend as stage 2 goes past their house.

clubber
    Free Member

Sod the MPs. I have flights booked for me and the family so we’ll be there 🙂

PaulMc
    Free Member

Blimey, is Dave Kane still going? I once persuaded the now Mrs PaulMc back in the late 80s that it wasn’t worth taking a bus from Central station to his shop, to buy whatever bit of bike kit I was after “as it’s only a short walk”. She didn’t trust anything I said for quite a while after that 🙂

dhrider
    Free Member

Dave Kane still has 2 shops on Upper Newtownards Road in Ballyhackamore! Quite a walk from Central Station 🙂

sssimon
    Free Member

to be fair to PaulMc with the quality of public transport they might still be waiting

PaulMc
    Free Member

Happy days. At least now we can smile about it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Giro Belfast route criticised by NI MP’ is closed to new replies.